Darcy gets contract extension

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Why now? That's all. Fine with it, since it'll be a few years until we see if his rebuild-in-progress is successful.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Waiting for Jame's and Takeo's take on this.

I've always been a Regier supporter, through the highs and lows. I think he's shown a unique ability to adapt to unique ownership situations throughout the years.

I can nitpick the moves I've loved, hated, liked, been indifferent too. But all around, he's built a contender before... and he's finally getting the chance to start fresh again...

Of course, I'm no fan of Lindy... and recognize that a Regier extension is also a Lindy extension. I can live with it. I like the direction Regier is going with the talent he's putting together through the draft. Lindy can't coach an average team up... but he can get out of the way of a talented roster ;)

Dream '16

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
totally fine with him getting an extension. Hes built a very good looking future for us. Its now all on Ruff to make it work or bring in someone who will

aceface33

Feb 10, 2006
Herkimer, NY
I've always been a Regier supporter, through the highs and lows. I think he's shown a unique ability to adapt to unique ownership situations throughout the years.

I can nitpick the moves I've loved, hated, liked, been indifferent too. But all around, he's built a contender before... and he's finally getting the chance to start fresh again...

Of course, I'm no fan of Lindy... and recognize that a Regier extension is also a Lindy extension. I can live with it. I like the direction Regier is going with the talent he's putting together through the draft. Lindy can't coach an average team up... but he can get out of the way of a talented roster ;)

Dream '16

Who are you and what have you done with Jame. :laugh:

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I don't have much of a problem with it either, though it would have been nice to see how these 48 games go before making a long-term decision.

It's only long-term when ownership is too cheap or can't afford to buy him out. It gives Regier the freedom to resist meddling. If he doesn't want to go along with something Pegula suggests he can no and not have to worry about getting fired because he'll still be getting paid for a long time.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Can someone refresh my memory on the following ...... ?

When Pegula took over the team, didn't Ruff defer on a contract extension and everyone was cool with the way he made it be Pegula & Ted Black's decision?

And didn't Darcy take the extension offered by Galifano/Quinn versus leaving the decision to Pegula/Black? (Which a lot of folks were pissed about?)

I am simply curious as to what side of the above issues folks were on before compared to now......
For the record, I was in the camp that thought Regier should let Pegula make the decision. Not that it matters now because in my opinion Darcy has certainly redeemed hisself in light of nearly all the moves that he's made since the Pegula era was initiated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad