Darcy gets contract extension

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
ept_sports_nhl_experts-10467973-1260035222.jpg

S319R11S16

Expect Suffering
Apr 18, 2006
IMO its kind of stupid to do it right now. What if we blow this year?

More excuses?

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
IMO its kind of stupid to do it right now. What if we blow this year?

More excuses?

If we blow this year I think that's more an issue with whether or not to keep Ruff. I like what Darcy's done under Pegula. That's not to say I think he needed to be extended now but if they definitely were going to do it anyhow, may as well do it now and keep any rumors or gossip about his future from being a thing.

Insomniac99

Oct 26, 2006
Orchard Park, NY
People who hate Regier tend to still be looking at him as the Regier from the previous owners. If anything, all that time being a budget-oriented GM has made him that much better now that he has no restrictions. Anyone that can get a 1st for Gausted and turn him into Girgensons needs an award, let alone a contract extension.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
If we blow this year I think that's more an issue with whether or not to keep Ruff. I like what Darcy's done under Pegula. That's not to say I think he needed to be extended now but if they definitely were going to do it anyhow, may as well do it now and keep any rumors or gossip about his future from being a thing.

The only real issue i have with Darcy is, would he be able to let Ruff go if it becomes obvious he's not the right coach for this team.

aceface33

Feb 10, 2006
Herkimer, NY
Pegula on Lindy: He can change, he's open minded. Can coach an offensively open team or a defensive team. He's very forthcoming about his shortcomings and obligations. He's able to make the changes he needs to be a good coach.

aceface33

Feb 10, 2006
Herkimer, NY
Also, Pegula (or Regier? Somebody, a reporter is referring to it in a question) apparently said that he wants to see Ryan Miller retire as a Sabre.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I would have waited to see how this season goes first, but I have no qualms with Regier and co.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Also, Pegula (or Regier? Somebody, a reporter is referring to it in a question) apparently said that he wants to see Ryan Miller retire as a Sabre.

I think they resign Pommer, trade Vanek at the deadline next year unless they're a contender (in which case he walks after the PO), and re-evaluate their stance on Miller after this year.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
I like this. Darcy has done a good job gathering good players. What happens on the ice is not really in his hands. I would how ever say that Ruff needs to start winning. Darcy's given him a good group of players.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad