Player Discussion Danton Heinen

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
To me, he’s the same player but has matured a bit. Skill and attributes are the same IMO.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Heinen has surprised me this season, but the guy can't finish plays. I find most of his shot attempts either get blocked or he flat out misses the net from 12-15 feet out.

Reactions: TCB

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Careful. Some folks here get agitated if you dare speak negatively of Heinen
not me been saying it all year that he did not belong up there and took a lot of shit for it. Move DeBrusk up there or Boqvist, hey I know he is not a goal score but he could open up some ice for Pasta and Zacka with the way he plays and is strong on the forecheck LAUKO ,worth a shot.

Reactions: TCB

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
not me been saying it all year that he did not belong up there and took a lot of shit for it. Move DeBrusk up there or Boqvist, hey I know he is not a goal score but he could open up some ice for Pasta and Zacka with the way he plays and is strong on the forecheck LAUKO ,worth a shot.
Heinen benefits from his positioning. Knows when to creep to the slot, knows when to fade to the wall, knows when it's safe to fly the zone. Skill wise he's just not there.

I wouldn't mind Bogey getting a shot just for the speed factor. He also strikes me as the type of guy that would elevate his compete level if given the chance. Not saying he could sustain it, or be successful himself, but if it creates a little more space or opportunity for Zacha and Pasta then it's well worth it.

Reactions: Hookslide and TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Heinen has surprised me this season, but the guy can't finish plays. I find most of his shot attempts either get blocked or he flat out misses the net from 12-15 feet out.
He's done well this year, but no matter how you slice it, he's a 3rd 4th line player, who's been playing top line minutes with the Bruins do to their lack of top six players. Now its playoff time and his warts are showing a little bit more. I cant knock the player, he gives it his all and is an extremely heady player he's just not a top six, talent wise anyways.

Reactions: Ladyfan

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
He's done well this year, but no matter how you slice it, he's a 3rd 4th line player, who's been playing top line minutes with the Bruins do to their lack of top six players. Now its playoff time and his warts are showing a little bit more. I cant knock the player, he gives it his all and is an extremely heady player he's just not a top six, well talent wise anyways.

the talent gap will show when you need a guy to make that one play at the end of a sequence to finish, his healing on that golden chance is a great example, he should be pass first on that line

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
weird (but unsurprising) that I had to go to the 2nd page to find the Heinen thread the morning after he wins a 1-on-2 battle against likely Hart finalist Matthews and 6'5 Edmundson to set up a playoff game winner.

Some of you knuckleheads should really be forced to watch that sequence on repeat clockwork orange style after all the shit that was talked about this guy during camp. "waaahhhh, he's SOFT! waaahhh he's a JAG!" It's a wonder some of y'all are even able to log on to your computers to post this shit.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
weird (but unsurprising) that I had to go to the 2nd page to find the Heinen thread the morning after he wins a 1-on-2 battle against likely Hart finalist Matthews and 6'5 Edmundson to set up a playoff game winner.

Some of you knuckleheads should really be forced to watch that sequence on repeat clockwork orange style after all the shit that was talked about this guy during camp. "waaahhhh, he's SOFT! waaahhh he's a JAG!" It's a wonder some of y'all are even able to log on to your computers to post this shit.

lol I can think of TWO in particular

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad