Danny Syvret? Would you take him at the draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
he's been missed out on two drafts. i dont think another draft will go by without anyone picking him. he'll be definitely selected on this draft but i just wanna know if you want him on your team. At what point will he be selected?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Well on the WJC broadcast tonight, Pierre Mcguire mentioned that he talked to Dale Hunter, who assured him that teams have told him that Syvret will not get through another draft without being selected.

I would definitely select Syvret at the draft. Hell it's such a crapshoot, and you've seen how well Syvret has progressed through his years of junior, you have to wonder how well he will continue to progress into his professional career.

I'm not sure I'd use a pick from rounds 1-3, but I'm positive that I'd use a pick from rounds 4 and on, on him. Hell even if it came to my turn to select in the 3rd round, and the players I had keyed in on were gone and there werent any great trades on the table, I'd roll the dice on Syvret.

ginnungagap

Apr 7, 2003
Visit site
Can't he sign as a free agent once the OHL season is over? My understanding is that CHL overagers can't sign once the season starts but when it's over are free to sign up until a cut-off date a little before the draft. I know Danny Groulx was at Detroit's free agent camp and wasn't given a contract only to get one once he finished his junior season a couple years back.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
ginnungagap said:
Can't he sign as a free agent once the OHL season is over? My understanding is that CHL overagers can't sign once the season starts but when it's over are free to sign up until a cut-off date a little before the draft. I know Danny Groulx was at Detroit's free agent camp and wasn't given a contract only to get one once he finished his junior season a couple years back.

Syvret's an '85 though, not an overager.

jincargo

Jan 28, 2004
I thought the Caps might take a shot on him in this past draft since he skated with the rookies in the 2003 Traverse City Tourney (scored a goal and assist in 4 games)...but nothing Oh well.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
littleHossa said:
Buffalo should of taken Syvret instead of Card last year, but we don't know yet if Syvret will hit the NHL, it's not a sure bet.

I'm not sure why you'd be down on Card. He's one of the top 2 or 3 86-born defenders in the WHL, and right now I'd peg him as a guy in the running for next year's WJC team. Smooth, mobile, positionally excellent.

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
MS said:
I'm not sure why you'd be down on Card. He's one of the top 2 or 3 86-born defenders in the WHL, and right now I'd peg him as a guy in the running for next year's WJC team. Smooth, mobile, positionally excellent.
Card doesn't have great size, the trapping system in Kelowna killed his offensive game, although someone like Weber continued to produce. For a defenseman that has descent size and offensive ability Syvret seems like the better choice.

bruins4777*

I haven't seen syvert play at all, whats the knock against him? Why hasn't he been drafted? He sounds stellar to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad