danny richmond signs with carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
I'm not sure I see Richmond becoming anything in the NHL.

Besides running the point on the power play, Richmond doesn't exactly do anything exceptional. Hell I'd go as far as saying he's just average when at even strength. Combine that with the fact he's not the biggest, nor the fastest.

Personally I don't think he has much more ceiling then a 6-7th defenseman, used primarily on the powerplay.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Brock said:

Besides running the point on the power play, Richmond doesn't exactly do anything exceptional. Hell I'd go as far as saying he's just average when at even strength. Combine that with the fact he's not the biggest, nor the fastest.

Personally I don't think he has much more ceiling then a 6-7th defenseman, used primarily on the powerplay.

I don't see why he can't become a Dan Boyle like player. He almost made the Hurricanes out of camp last year so I doubt they feel he has the limitations you suggest.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Brock said:

Haven't seen him often but what I have seen I liked. I thought he was pretty mobile, I have no problem with how fast he is. I like the edge he plays with very much. He sure doesn't back down even when facing top notch opposition.

I think he is an underrated prospect. I expect more from him than what the hype suggests so far. To put it into perspective, he doesn't seem to be much below Suter in terms of talent and the hype is vastly different.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
i only saw richmond play the us/ canada wjc game - but he was awesome in it. he takes too many crazy chances, which im sure will be worked on in lowell. he threw himself around quite a bit in that game, which i liked, and he seemed to play like he wants to make a difference. he may not play like that in london, so i dont know how accurate i am - but im glad they signed him to further his development. he'll learn how to play d quicker this way.

Funkymoses

my info is a little outdated, but I watched his freshman year at Michigan and he had an awfully long way to go. Defensively the guy was an absolute mess, blowing assignments, making bad pinches, and just playing generally recklessly. He has the physical tools to be a very good player, but if I had to vote I'd give him a thumbs down. Definitely shouldn't have been the first player taken in the second round.

There is no comparison between Suter and Richmond. Suter is a defensive defenseman and an incredibly advanced and efficient one. Richmond is Tom Poti with Turette's syndrome.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Funkymoses said:
my info is a little outdated, but I watched his freshman year at Michigan and he had an awfully long way to go. Defensively the guy was an absolute mess, blowing assignments, making bad pinches, and just playing generally recklessly. He has the physical tools to be a very good player, but if I had to vote I'd give him a thumbs down. Definitely shouldn't have been the first player taken in the second round.

There is no comparison between Suter and Richmond. Suter is a defensive defenseman and an incredibly advanced and efficient one. Richmond is Tom Poti with Turette's syndrome.

Nothing changed last year in London, your info sounds very up to date... I'd say more of and Andy Delmore than Poti though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad