Danny Kristo - Hartford's Kristo embraces leadership role as rookie

QC4TheWin

Mar 4, 2011
I hope this guys will make the team soon. He is a very good player i realy like his style of play.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
He really didn't impress me at all during preseason. I know he's playing great up in Hartford, but during preseason all I can remember him doing is floating wristers from the right circle.

Maybe those shots beat AHL goalies, but that's not gonna cut it in the NHL.

A kid like that, who has reportedly good hands, needs to get better at getting to the dirty areas of the ice.

I'm not so high on Kristo.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
He really didn't impress me at all during preseason. I know he's playing great up in Hartford, but during preseason all I can remember him doing is floating wristers from the right circle.

A kid like that, who has reportedly good hands, needs to get better at getting to the dirty areas of the ice.

You're not that high on him because of the preseason? Come on.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
You're not that high on him because of the preseason? Come on.

I don't blame him for "not being high" on an offensive prospect. They don't usually work out around here it seems. At least he's just saying he got a gut feeling based on actually watching him play (even though it was just preseason). Guys develop gut feelings based on way less around here. What he said makes sense. You sound pretty offended but I don't think said something so terrible

Last edited:

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I don't blame him for "not being high" on an offensive prospect. They don't usually work out around here it seems. At least he's just saying he got a gut feeling based on actually watching him play (even though it was just preseason). Guys develop gut feelings based on way less around here. What he said makes sense.

It makes sense only because everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But to be down on a guy because he didn't blow everyone away in a short period of time with relatively little coaching in a new system with new players is a bit much.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Guys, relax :laugh:

Every time I've seen Kristo play, I've been underwhelmed.

Preseason? Underwhelmed.
WJC? Underwhelmed - pass the ****ing puck.

I'm just saying what I've seen. I find myself evaluating players very differently than the rest of you here on HF though. I admit I have to watch more of him in Hartford, but I also imagine 95% of you commenting on my post haven't watched a Pack game this year either.

A guy like Kristo is make or break when it comes to the NHL. Top 6 pretty much only. Third line, maybe. That's why I'm not high on him. I don't see him cracking an NHL top 6 consistently.

When I post pessimistic views on our prospects like Kristo and Miller, I do like to end my posts with I hope I eat crow. And I certainly hope you're all right, and I'm wrong.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
It makes sense only because everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But to be down on a guy because he didn't blow everyone away in a short period of time with relatively little coaching in a new system with new players is a bit much.
No that's not the only reason why it makes sense. if a player has a consistent issue that shows up even in a small sample size than that's important. When people say "I am pretty high on him. He looked real good in the preseason" followed by a reasonable analysis of what he saw. Would you respond by saying "You're high on him b/c of the preseason? Come on"

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I was impressed by him during the preseason. He'd only had a career of about 9 AHL games, so he was pretty much straight out of college as opposed to the Swedes who played professional hockey in Europe and Miller/Kreider who had both had AHL/NHL time. I didn't think he looked out of place at all, and he likes to shoot the puck which I like. I'm curious to see what he becomes down the road with some seasoning…

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Wasn't high on Kristo at all when I saw him during the preseason. Another small forward with decent hockey IQ but no physical tools. I would've kept Thomas honestly. That kid has an insane shot something that this team needs a LOT more of

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
He didn't really show his strengths in preseason IMO. Luckily, he's 23 and hardly into his pro career. He is, and will be, growing.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
He's doing well in the ahl. He should not be rushed and w Boyle, Moore, poo , Pyatt off the books next ur he has a legit shot of making the team

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Bottom line is that he's doing well where he is. I think those supposed head issues that made Montreal trade him have gone away and looks like a good 2/3 line prospect.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Kristo was good in preseason when he had the puck on his stick and he created offense which is his job. There were times when he didn't get the puck out along the walls but that is something he is working on.

He brings something this team lacks outside of Zuccarello. His skating, offensive IQ and puck handling are NHL level right now. No joke. It's his defensive side that needs some work.

Green Blob*

Because of a few pre season games?

Okay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad