Signing(s): Danielle Hunter signs with the Texans (2 years, $49 million)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
kinda puzzled that the Vikings didn't sign him to this deal, instead opting for Greenard.
Assuming that the reported guaranteed money are correct, it's a $6 mill difference. Is there a reason why Hunter did a 2 year deal (I figure for HOU), they want as little dead money once Stroud signs his long term deal after year 3. Min, their structure, they can push some of the cap charges to year 3 if he deem it necessary to cut Greenard after 2 years.
Minny is eating $28 mill in dead cap for Cousins and $15 for Hunter and $3 for Cook. $46 mill just for those 3 guys. Might have been a cap management issue for them.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Vikings and Texans signing each others pass rushers

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
kinda puzzled that the Vikings didn't sign him to this deal, instead opting for Greenard.

Greenard and Van Ginkle. Think it was a combination of cap and age. Especially since Cousins is gone. Do you want to pay a 30 year old DE when your QB situation is still up in the air? I wanted Hunter back but I understand what they did.

Due to void years to lower cap numbers in the past Cousins, Hunter and Marcus Davenport are all on the cap this year to not play for them. And to a lesser extent they still have Dalvin Cook on it for another year for a couple mil after cutting him last summer. Vikings have 57m in dead money.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad