Daniel Sedin hits the 1000 point milestone !

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Nah. Don't edit my post.

Name a player better than Daniel or Henrik Sedin who played for the Vancouver Canucks?

You can make the argument Bure was the most exciting, or the most talented. But he was not a Better Canucks than either Sedin.
It's entirely valid to argue that Bure is better than either Sedin if you value peak over longevity, IMO.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Each Sedin has won an Art Ross. One has won the Lindsay, one has won the Hart.

That is a higher peak than Bures Calder and 2 rockets.

I love Bure. He was one of my childhood hero's. But the Sedins had the higher peak.
If you're just talking about career achievements, sure. But in terms of how effective/dominant they were in a single season, I think it's debatable. Particularly because Bure was such a massive game-breaker, and didn't have another Bure-caliber player to play with like the Sedins did. He also was able to perform similarly in the dead puck era, and the guys he was competing for hardware with were arguable more ridiculously good players than what the Sedins had to compete with when they won their respective Art Ross'.

I don't feel super strongly either way, but I think it can be very reasonably argued. Certainly not an open and shut case, IMO. If I were building a team to play a single season, I could fathom two Bures at their peak being more dominant than two Sedins at their peak.

Last edited:

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
Not really a Canucks fan, but have lived in Vancouver for most of my life. Most die-hard fans still love Trevor Linden the most, and think Bure is the best player (solidly ahead of Naslund and the Sedins [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Hated the talented plicks for years but I have a soft spot for them now. I wonder if they'll try one more year?

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
If he came over for dinner, you'd still open your best bottle of wine though right?
It's true though. His reputation has really plummeted in Vancouver (or at least... in non-casual-fan circles) due to how much of a spineless, condescending, and intelligence-insulting yes-man he's been during his stint as the President of the team. As a fan who originally saw him through rose-colored heart-and-soul, nothing-but-class superhero like glasses, it's heart-breaking to see him willingly trotted around like a puppet.

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
Huge congrats to Danny. Glad it came on a meaningful goal too, although in a perfect world it would have come back in Vancouver.

Thanks to the Nashville fans for the polite round of applause for Danny, however, ... well. You know. In Vancouver, it rightfully would have gone on for several minutes with a Standing O.

Simpo

Sep 18, 2011
Hated the talented plicks for years but I have a soft spot for them now. I wonder if they'll try one more year?
I think if they continue at this pace and get another 45 points each for the year, they'll take a low deal to continue mentoring the youngsters. I think that would be really valuable. I also want to see them on the powerplay with Elias Petterson! :nod:

When they're good, they're still really good to watch, and when they're off, the new coach is brave enough to give them 3rd/4th line minutes, so it doesn't hurt the team as much. But if they start to look reeeally slow and bad, it would be best if they bowed out gracefully. They're pros, they'll know if it's time.

Congrats Daniel! I bet at least 10% of those points are against the Flames :laugh:
Just checked, not far off! :laugh:

87 vs Calgary
82 vs Edmonton
66 vs Colorado
65 vs Minnesota
56 vs Chicago

Highest PPG, 21 in 20 vs Philadelphia

Congratulations to Daniel Sedin!!

groov2

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
Congrats to Daniel. We have been so lucky to have him and his brother play hockey and be role models in Vancouver. They have made profound change in the community and have been a highlight reel for much of their careers. In their prime, they were a treat to watch.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
More common among the old-timers, but people that grew up after the "Skate" era like myself, usually still place the Sedins #1/2. Trevor Linden is still my favorite all-time player, but the Sedins are #3/#4 on that list (Luongo #2), but 1/2 on the all-time players list.

we ****ing hate trevor linden now

guy's a tool

Speak for yourself.

Really a shame the twins didn't win a cup in 2011. Wonder if they'll get traded to a contender but seems like they'll end up like Sundin.
They've clearly stated that they will not play anywhere else. Either they come back to Vancouver or they retire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: nucks88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad