Daniel Sedin has scored his 1,000th point!

How many games until Danny hits 1000?

• Total voters

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Henrik now only 3 assists away from 800.
And will pass Jarri Kurri in the process.

Somewhat unrelated... don't look now, but Alex Edler is 3rd in franchise history in Games Played for Defencemen, 68 behind Ohlund and 79 behind Snepsts. 5th in points, but just 20 behind Ohlund who's first.

Shattered Dreams

Sep 30, 2017
Woo!!!!!!! No pair of brothers deserves this more. They will forever be the greatest brother duo in NHL history. No one should talk about Brent Gretzky's 4 points in 13 games to shove Wayne on top of another list. The Sedins are the greatest brother duo of all time. Period. No other pair of brothers have achieved 1000 points each. And I think no one will ever achieve this again.

Congratulations Daniel!

Reactions: MS

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Nights like this you think yeah maybe one more year. Their pp unit is going now.
Don't let emotion get the better of your analysis of the twins.

With Dorsett and Goldy in, they have 14 forwards. Expect vanek and burm not to come back down to 12. UFAs are Dan and hank. RFA, Granny, Sven, Jake. Leaves 7 guys with contracts for next season.

Bo, Brock, Goldy, Sutter, gagner, Loui, gaunce.

If u expect pettersson and gaudette to make the team, that's 2 more to get to 9.

Expect Jake to return. Up to 10.

Even if they sign the other 4, who gets scratched to get down to 12? Can't always be granny and gaunce cause u need guys to do the PK.

Plus, there are options in free agency who could help the club.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
And will pass Jarri Kurri in the process.

Somewhat unrelated... don't look now, but Alex Edler is 3rd in franchise history in Games Played for Defencemen, 68 behind Ohlund and 79 behind Snepsts. 5th in points, but just 20 behind Ohlund who's first.

This is both a wonderful accomplishment for Edler (he could get the points lead this year) and a damning critique of the Canucks' caliber of defencemen over the decades. Boy, we need Dahlin.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
2 mill for 2 years each.

The Dream Is Not Over
No offer should come before July 2. They need to keep room for the young players as well as for guys who can complete the roster, ie. PK guys since the twins don't do that. Are the youngsters going to do the PK? Need 4 forwards minimum, but really should be 5-6 who can do it regularly.

And can't move Sutter and Loui unless they waive ntc. Gagner at $3 Mill.

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
I remember when Stan Smyl had the most points by a Canuck with 673. Then Linden (733) and Naslund (756) both passed him - I think if you had asked me at the time, I would have said that the Canucks would probably never have a player score 1,000 points as a Canuck... it is great to see what Henrik and Daniel have accomplished. No previous Canuck is in the same area code.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
congrats to Daniel. Nothing but class and deserves a huge ovation on Saturday.

It's shame they dont get the respect they deserve from other teams fans. Truly sad to still see sister jokes are acceptable on this site and the leafs pre game thread is truly embarrassing. I wish mods would put an end to that kind of garbage.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
I remember when Stan Smyl had the most points by a Canuck with 673. Then Linden (733) and Naslund (756) both passed him - I think if you had asked me at the time, I would have said that the Canucks would probably never have a player score 1,000 points as a Canuck... it is great to see what Henrik and Daniel have accomplished. No previous Canuck is in the same area code.

No kidding. I remember watching them in their first couple of seasons when they looked like such a pair of fresh-faced teens... and thinking that I couldn't even picture them ever looking like adults, let alone becoming a couple of the all-time greatest Canucks.

Not that the career scoring bar had ever been set that high. I mean, look at Smyl, over a whole career that spanned the high octane '80's, he managed as many points total as Gretzky put up in his first 4 1/2 seasons.

Good work by Daniel!

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Right now, not only thankful that I've had the privilege of watching Daniel and Henrik for their whole careers, but also the fact that last night, I was not a Shaw customer!

Reactions: Zombotron

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat

It really is quite remarkable. I mean, Montreal only has 3 players in it's history to reach 1000+ points for that franchise. Toronto has 0. None. Having 2 do it who are twin brothers is almost insane and surely anything like this couldn't ever happen again in the NHL, let alone in any pro sports league (twin brothers playing for same team at an elite level their entire career).

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
We are so lucky to have witnessed the Sedins’ careers. They are so unique and at their prime were among the best players in the league. Even now they’re still finding ways to produce at their age with limited minutes. Class acts, both of them, and great leaders both on and off the ice.

Congrats Daniel, that’s a heck of an accomplishment.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
They will forever be the greatest brother duo in NHL history. No one should talk about Brent Gretzky's 4 points in 13 games to shove Wayne on top of another list. The Sedins are the greatest brother duo of all time. Period.

not to steer this away from a happy moment but people had brothers before the 1980s. i don't think the gretzkies are the brothers the sedins have to worry about.

but anyway, did everybody's else cable also go out before the third last night? what terrible timing.

Shattered Dreams

Sep 30, 2017
not to steer this away from a happy moment but people had brothers before the 1980s. i don't think the gretzkies are the brothers the sedins have to worry about.

but anyway, did everybody's else cable also go out before the third last night? what terrible timing.
I'm just further lashing out at Sportsnet. Saw that little gem before my cable cut out. I agree that Shaw had terrible timing that night. At least their free range app worked.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It really is quite remarkable. I mean, Montreal only has 3 players in it's history to reach 1000+ points for that franchise. Toronto has 0. None. Having 2 do it who are twin brothers is almost insane and surely anything like this couldn't ever happen again in the NHL, let alone in any pro sports league (twin brothers playing for same team at an elite level their entire career).
Do remember that back in the day, guys like Richard, Harvey, etc. topped out at 50 games in the regular season. Use their PPG as a better comparison against the twins.
Montreal also has about 2 dozen players in the HHOF and legitimately have 17 retired jerseys (2 doubled in 12 and 16), with all players with retired jerseys in the HHOF. Smyl, Linden, Nazzy are not going to the Hall.

But, your point does go on to highlight the lack of scoring talent that Montreal has lacked since Lafleur. Mats Naslund was maybe the last player they had to get a PPG, just a shade under it for his career as a Hab. And that was back in the 80's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad