Player Discussion Daniel O'Regan - F, UFA - Signed by the Rangers 7/1/19

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Rodrigues is not a good center. Rodrigues is not a good center. Rodrigues is not a good center. Eichel has carried every line he's been on-- he will do fine with two speedy wingers who don't cough up the puck every 2 seconds and actually try to maintain possession.

Rodrigues-Eichel-O'regan
XXXX-ROR-Reinhart
Wilson-Girgensons-Okposo
Fasching-Larsson-Baptiste/Pominville

You need an XXXX (Nylander or Mittlestadt eventually, so it can be a short-term option), and you need to at least upgrade Larsson (he's bad).

Girgensons is not a good center.

(I don't think Erod is a good center)

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005

His best play on this team was at center, by far. The holy Bylsma shifted Larsson and Erod to center and Girgensons to wing. Why are we sticking with that?

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Thanks for this.

Kris Baker mentioned he was a small speedy guy, and this (move) is probably one of his last shots at cracking the big club. A great top 6 AHL player, and might not have much success in the NHL - but he could be a good role player one day. Just what I remember hearing. Expectations aren't very high - but will likely contribute one way or another.

Was also AHL Rookie of the Year last year.

If he was AHL rookie-of-the-year only just last year, how is already on his “last chance” of cracking the NHL?

That was the part of the Baker interview I didn’t understand.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
If he was AHL rookie-of-the-year only just last year, how is already on his “last chance” of cracking the NHL?

That was the part of the Baker interview I didn’t understand.
I guess because he's a former late pick, on the smaller side and 24 years old... and while he's shown AHL chops, his brief NHL showings in SJ weren't as promising. Far from a write-off IMO but I think we've seen enough Mancari-types in this organization (as most probably do) to get excited about an older forward with only some AHL success to their name.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt

Looks like I was correct about that last hour trade. If Botts could get what he wanted then Kane would have been gone long ago.

Its hard to believe Kane couldn't be traded for defensive help. Is Botts also tanking with this trade....

Olaf Fub

Aug 23, 2005
Buffalo, NY
He's only a second year pro.

His old Hockey Future draft write up mentions he might need time in the minors to transition to the NHL.

www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/dan_oregan/

Daniel O’Regan

Seems to score some clutch goals in playoff situations and supposedly has a good work ethic (much needed in this organization.) I can't say I've watched a single San Jose Barracuda game, however.

I'd like to seem him play 20-30 games in Blue and Gold before forming an opinion on the man. I'm fine with that being next season, if the club feels the rest of the year is best spent in Rochester.

Reactions: BackGroundMusic

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
His best play on this team was at center, by far. The holy Bylsma shifted Larsson and Erod to center and Girgensons to wing. Why are we sticking with that?

you mean when he was allowed to skate around freely under Nolan... sure.... I'd be good at center under Nolan.

Girgs is never going to be an NHL center, in an NHL system.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh

We should be shopping for a quality 3C.

Girgs Jack Okposo
Erod RoR. Sam
Wilson xxx. Baptiste
Xxxxxxxxxcxcxxxxxcc

I think Erod or girgs can switch back and forth, and be the speedy grunts for the two talent on each line.

My bigger question is, can I trust Larson to be respectable at either 3C or 4C.

I’m pretty sure the answer is no, unless he looks back to normal as the year rounds out.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
We should be shopping for a quality 3C.

Girgs Jack Okposo
Erod RoR. Sam
Wilson xxx. Baptiste
Xxxxxxxxxcxcxxxxxcc

I think Erod or girgs can switch back and forth, and be the speedy grunts for the two talent on each line.

My bigger question is, can I trust Larson to be respectable at either 3C or 4C.

I’m pretty sure the answer is no, unless he looks back to normal as the year rounds out.
I think it’s just time this summer to get rid of both Larsson and Girgensons... it just isn’t working here anymore.

dang111

Oct 20, 2017
Let's be honest... we acquired O'regan because of his connection/chemistry with Eichel.... so don't bull**** around by playing him with Larsson....

Want to take bets on how many games it takes before Housley finally plays them together?

WpgBuffan

Jun 9, 2008
He was ranked #85 in last years Hockey News Future Watch addition. He must be thought of somewhat highly through out the league.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
He was ranked #85 in last years Hockey News Future Watch addition. He must be thought of somewhat highly through out the league.
The issue with prospects is when you rank on potential, time works against them. He's a year old and hasn't made that last step in his career. Hopefully he has a big role in Rochester and they find a lot of post-season success.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Does he have that feisty edge to his game that so many smaller sized players need to succeed? I'm hoping he's a puck hound.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That's interesting. So this trade may have been more about Rochester and building a winning culture as worst-case scenario.

As mentioned before, it takes a GM with serious moxie to use his best trade chip to fix his AHL roster.

Glad O'Regan is fitting in quickly. I'm curious to see who they slot him with and if his playmaking can unlock any goals from anyone else's stick.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
"He and Colin Blackwell were" not "Him and..."

Let's Go Amerks may be credentialed media, but they're not credentialed grammarians... or if they are credentialed grammarians, their credentials should be revoked for a day or two as punishment.
Almost as annoying as cat pictures or what vanity / self-importance the Kardashian clan is spouting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad