Confirmed with Link: Daniel Catenacci for Mat Bodie

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Actually this is kind of an under the radar deal in his draft year he was considered to be a high-end offense of player great hands jitterbug speed and someone who could play an up-tempo game

real issue with him has always been his size but talent wise he's got the ability to score goals and make people miss

I remember in his draft year he was considered to be a dynamic offensive prospect

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So, Paul Byron with hands.

cool

Having watched both while Sabre property, Cat's not as diligent defensively as Byron. He's got good speed and probably should slot as a speed checker. We had hopes of a Darren Helm sort of player, but that hasn't happened yet.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
86 points in 244 AHL games which is a 29 point pace over 82 games...about to turn 24....i'd say there's a 0% chance he ever plays with the Rangers let alone in the league

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
86 points in 244 AHL games which is a 29 point pace over 82 games...about to turn 24....i'd say there's a 0% chance he ever plays with the Rangers let alone in the league

That is not a fair way to judge a 24-year old's production because players usually start with lower production and work their way up

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013

Maybe he impresses someone during the pre-season cuts :yo:

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
That is not a fair way to judge a 24-year old's production because players usually start with lower production and work their way up

I dunno though. It's not like he's a Dman maturing late and we need to be more patient. This guy is a forward who's been in the AHL for 4 solid seasons now, and his production is trending downward. He's down to 5 goals and 13 total points in 50 AHL games this season, and 0 points in 11 NHL games. He's also -20. Maybe if he had size or some kind of checking/intimidation factor I would look at him differently...but he's not big. I've never seen him play, but on paper the guy looks like he will never play in New York. AHL for life.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The Rangers have the rest of the season to take a look at him. He's RFA. If he doesn't do well--don't resign him.

Bodie as an undersized 26 year old--27 next year is an RFA. There's really not lot of there there with either of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad