Rumor: Daniel Alfredsson and Chris Phillips in discussions to buy Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Not sure who the woman would be,

as article says, It is also not known who the third person involved is, but it is assumed that she has the money.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I can't see Euge selling the team when the painful rebuild is so close to paying off. Say what you want about him, he's passionate about hockey and loves to win. Anyone in the Sens organization that has heard him speak confirms that about his attitude.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I can't see Euge selling the team when the painful rebuild is so close to paying off. Say what you want about him, he's passionate about hockey and loves to win. Anyone in the Sens organization that has heard him speak confirms that about his attitude.
Things have changed. It has been said his heart is not in it as much as it was years ago. He is coming up on 19 years of ownership and might want to cash out if the right offer comes along. I will bet the novelty of it and the joy it brings wears off, especially after his health scares and the pandemic.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Things have changed. It has been said his heart is not in it as much as it was years ago. He is coming up on 19 years of ownership and might want to cash out if the right offer comes along. I will bet the novelty of it and the joy it brings wears off, especially after his health scares and the pandemic.

Interesting. I suppose even the vampire Lestat was eventually overcome with ennui and generational loneliness. How would feeling that you're a pariah amongst a core of the fan base take some of the sheen off of even a shiny Stanley Cup?

Reactions: Oscar The Grouch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad