Dangerous Play with Garnet Hathaway kicking Jonathan Quick in the head

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
IMG_8459.png

I thought he’d know better with that Ivy League education he has. Then again so does George Parros and that guy can’t discipline players properly.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
$5000K fine just for being an idiot. I don't know if you can suspend him really, but slap him with a fine.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
That was done on purpose. This is wy you have to dress Rempe. That shit doesn't happen if he is in the game
lol , it sure the hell does happen . The idea of thinking dressing a tough guy is a deterrent is crap . There are tough guys on lots of teams and shit happens all the time . Rempe is just the newest of a long line of enforcers .

IwayMike

Jul 31, 2007
Looks intentional, and Hathaway's (non)reaction to Quick tripping him says something. Although I could be wrong, the Rangers do like to play victim and call any contact with one of their players a vicious hit.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Excellent! That means he won't run away from Rempe as he is about to administer a well-deserved beating to that piece of shit.
You should know better, Rempe will just accidentally elbow someone in the head and then get kicked out before Deslauriers can scramble his face again. Post game press conference we'll hear from Peter Laviolette about how it's a hockey play.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Watched it frame by frame....he was leaning forward, came to an abrupt stop had a Ranger pass by him (with arm out but that whole exchange was cut off) . He was falling into Quick when the leg started to come up. I think it was an instinctual attempt to regain balance while falling on two axis.

I don't think there was a malicious intent.

I just think he’s doing everything he can to avoid Quick without falling down himself.

I concur.

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
No real sympathy to a team that employs Trouba who axe chopped Frederic in the head with his stick. Scum bag team scum bag results

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
AT BEST, that was extremely dangerous and careless of Hathaway. Hope he gets some form of punishment for this one, that’s just not OK IMO.

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Feb 13, 2012
Players like Hathaway are why we need enforcers back in the game and the instigator gone

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
No real sympathy to a team that employs Trouba who axe chopped Frederic in the head with his stick. Scum bag team scum bag results
That was a legal play. Even Tom Wilson got away with that type of play…

oh wait nevermid, he didn’t. He’s not in the protected class of players/teams.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Whatever the guy was trying to do...

What's with these influencer-style thread titles?

Guy threw his skate up high but the skate or boot itself never caught Quick in the head. It ended at his elbow inches from his head then a split second later Quick throws his head over in reaction to it.

Now, the idiot might have been trying to kill Quick. Okay. But he never kicked him in the head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad