Danes in NHL 2018/19

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
After a pretty unimpressive start pointwise from the Danish players it was great to see Nikolaj Ehlers getting a hattrick for Winnipeg against Chicago and Frans Nielsen getting a hattrick for Detroit against Tampa.
Frederik Andersen has also been good lately....

Reactions: QuietContrarian

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
He hasn't scored a lot, but he certainly has more assists than usual, so he must have found a line to play in suited for him.
having watched him, he just seems so much smarter.

I always acused him of being a not very smart player, but he has definitely changed that.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
having watched him, he just seems so much smarter.

I always acused him of being a not very smart player, but he has definitely changed that.
That is good to hear. Is he still mostly a "periphery" player (just with smarter plays), or does he play more direct towards the goal?

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
A couple of good nights for the Danish players.
Ehlers got his second hattrick of the season for Winnipeg against San Jose and Frans Nielsen and Lars Eller also had a goal.
Frederik Andersen continues to do well in Toronto and is in the top 10 of goalies with save-%-versus-shots.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Here almost at the end of the regular season, both Nikolaj Ehlers and Oliver Bjørkstrand managed to reach (and for O.B. pass) the 20 goal mark.
Oliver Bjørkstrand's streak of goals in 6 straight games must be a Danish record?
He actually has 8 goals in the last 8 matches, but has gone the last 19 matches without a single assist!
Can he extend these records in tonights game?

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Rather disappointing season for the Danes. Ehlers being injured for a third of the season sure hasnt helped and Bjorkstrand being benched didnt help either. Both Bødker and Nielsen has been absent from games as well due to injuries and peternity leave. Russell had six games before a new coach came to Oilers.

Eller have had a solid season so far and Andersen played 5 months before running into his seasonal slump. Hopefully he is fully over that now, Leafs need him badly at his best to have a shot at beating Bruins.

Can we expect to see True next season I wonder. And what is going to happen with Bødker when his contract runs out after next season.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I agree with you Bagge it has been fairly underwhelming.
I wonder if Bødker can get a new contract with only 6 goals this season, unless he is willing to continue much cheaper in NHL -> he might end up in KHL if he wants to keep up his salary?
Lets hope Frederik Andersen can be in shape for the playoffs, at least Lars Eller always manages to shine there.

For next season I agree that Alexander True might get a few changes. He produced quite well in AHL his season.
Even though Joachim Blichfeld has produced enormously in WHL he is apparently still to skinny for NHL. Yet who knows with some serious summer training that might change.

and by the way: Bjørkstrand only manages to increase his no-assist streak to 20, yet no goal this time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad