Recalled/Assigned: Danault Recalled 12/18/15

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Congrats Danault, first goal tonight, you could tell how much it meant to him by his celebration. What a great move to score your first, we (Blackhawks Nation) are happy for you.

Congrats sir!

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
The kid continues to impress - his chemistry with Desjardins and Teravainen is impressive. He could be a long term solution to the 3C spot.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Agree. And again, I couldn't be happier for him after his performance tonight. Congrats sir!

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
The kid continues to impress - his chemistry with Desjardins and Teravainen is impressive. He could be a long term solution to the 3C spot.

I was hoping that he would get a shot this year and Krugers injury gave him the shot. Was thrilled when we drafted him....hockey smart kid and yes intangibles....

now it only Stan and Q can stomach one more youngster up to replace Bickell.....Hartman please

zac

Apr 29, 2009
I was hoping that he would get a shot this year and Krugers injury gave him the shot. Was thrilled when we drafted him....hockey smart kid and yes intangibles....

now it only Stan and Q can stomach one more youngster up to replace Bickell.....Hartman please

Get Bicks, Mash, and Rasmussen (who can be okay.....I think we can do better) out of the lineup. Move Shaw to the 4th line and get Dano up on the first. Problems solved.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Get Bicks, Mash, and Rasmussen (who can be okay.....I think we can do better) out of the lineup. Move Shaw to the 4th line and get Dano up on the first. Problems solved.

could be I am not sure that we have seen the last of Dano this year....

but it sounds like Panik is getting a shot with JT

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Danaults looking good. We all knew he has a great motor. Congrats on his gwg.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Been pegging him as a Kruger but starting to wonder if he might be a young Bolland.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010

Dano sucks. It won't happen this year.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
Been pegging him as a Kruger but starting to wonder if he might be a young Bolland.

Came here to post this. He hounds the puck relentlessly just like Bolland. He's much more aggressive offensively though. He directs everything at the net and then busts his ass to go get it back.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012

Since he missed half the year with injury, and because his success isn't any greater than other players that have been in the spot, I think this is a very good point.

I'm very excited he's working out. He looks like he fits in the NHL though, and that's more than good enough for me from Danault. I like what I see but I think most of his better shifts can still be largely contributed to bad defensive play or brutal situational awareness from the opposition still. So far so good, I'm just not ready to say much more on him being an answer for anything until I see more.

Anybody that can steal a few shifts from vets is a good thing, it will keep the complacency through the rest of the bench/roster to a minimum. I'll have a high tolerance for the mistakes as long as he keeps skating so hard like he has been.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
That play last night was a beaut. Really like what this kid has shown so far.

You can dissect that play and point out a number of things that were excellent about it. It had vision, instincts/proper reaction to what the vision was and exploiting what he read, awareness, physical explosiveness and edge work, skilled hands, skilled shot and net awareness. That was just a great effort and something I love seeing from him. I was long excited for him to get an extended look and he's not disappointing.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
You can dissect that play and point out a number of things that were excellent about it. It had vision, instincts/proper reaction to what the vision was and exploiting what he read, awareness, physical explosiveness and edge work, skilled hands, skilled shot and net awareness. That was just a great effort and something I love seeing from him. I was long excited for him to get an extended look and he's not disappointing.

Yeah. Skill level on that play was sick. Like Eddie O said, you can see him gaining confidence and his game is flourishing. He should break his lease in Rockford.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I've said it before, but I wouldn't mind giving him a shot at 1LW.

Sure, he's been one heck of a 3C, but that hole on the top line is a much bigger deal to me, and Danault happens to be a natural LW. Not to mention that his defense and speed would do well with guys like Toews and Hossa.

Just something I'd like to see Q try next time the blender gets turned on.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
I've said it before, but I wouldn't mind giving him a shot at 1LW.

Sure, he's been one heck of a 3C, but that hole on the top line is a much bigger deal to me, and Danault happens to be a natural LW. Not to mention that his defense and speed would do well with guys like Toews and Hossa.

Just something I'd like to see Q try next time the blender gets turned on.

As soon as the upcoming Panik experiment fails, Q should try this. 'Course, that renders the third line back to nothing-ness, but you need to find out if Danault can play 1LW prior to the deadline. Move Desi to 3C and put Shaw at 3LW.

RedBaronIndian

Jul 9, 2010

At the draft, he was hailed as Toews-lite for his play style & his captaincy with the Tigres. A lot of people spoke about his intangibles. I was very excited for him. So I will settle for something in between :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad