Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
upload_2021-3-16_22-16-9.jpeg

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I’m so surprised at how good he looked. I thought swagman would pass him. Looks like I was wrong.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
The save on Sceviour is what will be the lasting highlight (as it should be), but the real story of that performance was confidence and steadiness. He was challenging the shot at all the right moments. He was always in perfect position. He looked very confident the few times he handled the puck.

Just one start but a damn impressive first start.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
FWIW.. he was excellent in Czech league before coming over. It's a much lower league with no question but his AHL stats last year were exceptional to. He'd be a 1B on probably 10 NHL teams today. This speaks to Boston's good goaltending of course but look how Vanecek did? He was slated to be the third goalie behind Lundqvist and Samsonov. I think Vladar is better than Vanecek (or at least very close). I'm hoping Vladar gets more opportunity in the future.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Boston has 2 excellent goalie prospects,possibly 3, the story line is just beginning
I don't follow that closely.. after writing my post I noticed that Halak and Rask are UFA.. how does that work for draft protection? Is either being resigned?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I don't follow that closely.. after writing my post I noticed that Halak and Rask are UFA.. how does that work for draft protection? Is either being resigned?
So they signed another guy that's currently in Providence,he'll be exposed so Vladar and Swayman are protected
Doubt Halak will be back
Rask I guess we'll see what he does

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I’m so surprised at how good he looked. I thought swagman would pass him. Looks like I was wrong.

Swayman still might be better.

We could essentially be wasting a golden opportunity to finally add quality depth if we bring back Rask and don't roll with those 2 for peanuts.

Reactions: Kegs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad