Recalled/Assigned: Dan Renouf recalled

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
Moves fine, but I’m surprised we don’t just call up Witowski since he can collect dust in the press box as an 8th D, but in a pinch he can be an extra forward.

Reactions: Gniwder

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Definitely not.

Those are still just kids and Renouf was great for Colorado at last season.

Renouf is defensive left-side D like Lashoff/Staal.
Yeah, I was thinking he's the new Lashoff. Only called up when there are injuries, safe stay at home D with zero upside.

Meanwhile Sebrango leads GR at +8. They probably want him to beef up a bit though, struggled a bit in the preseason against bigger opponents.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Not Sebrango or McIsaac?

Honest question: what specifically makes McIsaac or Sebrango ready for NHL play at a time when the Wings are still actively trying to win games and make the playoffs? Being a respectable prospect with the capacity to develop into a regular NHL player does not make one ready for the NHL. In my viewings this season neither has impacted the game enough at the AHL level to sniff a call up.

It makes even less sense when you consider they will spend most of their time in the press box.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Solid choice in a call-up. Was worried we were going to re-tread the Lashoff tire again. But this helps Sebrango get more minutes in GR and gives us a decent vet.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Definitely not.

Those are still just kids and Renouf was great for Colorado at last season.

Renouf is defensive left-side D like Lashoff/Staal.

You are using the word great very lightly here. The best that could be said, is he played for Colorado last year. 18 GP, 1 PT and only 10 minutes a game. From exhibition, he looked like slightly better than Dekeyser's current D level with a little bit of jam to his game. Fine with him as a callup, since it seems we don't really have any youngsters that have forced their way up.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Honest question: what specifically makes McIsaac or Sebrango ready for NHL play at a time when the Wings are still actively trying to win games and make the playoffs? Being a respectable prospect with the capacity to develop into a regular NHL player does not make one ready for the NHL. In my viewings this season neither has impacted the game enough at the AHL level to sniff a call up.

It makes even less sense when you consider they will spend most of their time in the press box.

I didn't see anything great about Sebrango in exhibition. He wasn't bad mind you, but I didn't necessarily see a future NHL defender either.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Is it me or does Staal look slower and slower every game? Could just be recovering from whatever illness he had, but I wouldn't mind if Renouf rotated with him. Oesterle is looking more comfortable as well, he was terrible preseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad