Confirmed with Link: Dan Lacroix leaves for Montreal

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Didn't see it mentioned in other threads and figured it was thread worthy.

MONTREAL – Montreal Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin, announced Wednesday the appointment of Dan Lacroix as assistant coach with the Club.

“We are very pleased to welcome Dan Lacroix as part of our coaching staff. Daniel earned the respect of his peers for his coaching skills and his impressive knowledge of the game. He has worked as a coach for almost 15 years, including seven seasons as assistant coach in the NHL. He knows the Canadiens organization and his experience at the professional level made him a much coveted candidate. He is an excellent addition to our coaching staff and to the Canadiens organizationâ€, said Canadiens head coach Michel Therrien.

Dan Lacroix, 45, worked as an assistant coach in the NHL for seven of the past eight seasons, including the 2013-14 season with the Stanley Cup finalists New York Rangers. He previously worked as assistant coach with the Tampa Bay Lightning from 2010 to 2013 and with the New York Islanders also for three years, from 2006 to 2009. Lacroix also worked as assistant coach with the Hamilton Bulldogs, the Canadiens’ main affiliate team in the AHL during the 2009-10 season.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=727476

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
He should be a perfect fit there. I mean he knows their system like the back of his hand after spying on their practices

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
http://rangersunlimited.com/2014/07/30/assistant-coach-dan-lacroix-leaves-rangers-for-habs/

Montreal presumably wants Lacroix to replace the grizzly look behind the bench that Gerard Gallant took to Florida. #snarl

164574774.jpg
images

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
We're lost all of our depth this offseason

Forward depth: Richards Dorsett Boyle Carcillo

Defense depth: Stralman

And now coaching depth too

We'll be lucky to get in as a wild card. Isles are gonna be better than us, they just signed a modern day Ken Dryden

KreiMeARiver*

Yeah he was an assistant head coach/director of Candy Crush

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Coaching staff change

Daniel LaCroix, our 'eye in the sky' coach (rarely behind the bench) signed with the Habs today
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=727476

typically an ex-player building up a coaching resume takes that job 4th/5th coach (how does Benny count?) after AV, Ulf and Arniel

so maybe an old blueshirt friend signs on

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
just saw a parallel post a few minutes ahead of me. so moderators feel free to delete or merge

Moon Knight

Aug 15, 2012
That traitorous *******

I forgot he was even an assistant coach though. :laugh:
Honestly, I didn't see him or hear his name once this season

TurgePurge*

I know you guys are all like "oh my god, who?" but its actually pretty creepy to read this board all day and night and watch 107 game telecasts and not be familiar with Lacroix.

Like how is that possible?

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I hope Lacroix is replaced.

I think having 3 bench coaches and an eye in the sky is the correct delineation of coaching duties. When Torts refused to bring in even a 3rd man it was noticed, with the PP suffering. Having 4 allows each to man to do his job and Lacroix's job was to manage the film work, systems and the advanced statistics we are hearing so much about lately.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I know you guys are all like "oh my god, who?" but its actually pretty creepy to read this board all day and night and watch 107 game telecasts and not be familiar with Lacroix.

Like how is that possible?

Yeah I'm a little surprised too, when AV was hired it was all about him and what kind of staff he would bring in for about 3-4 weeks. I think Lacroix was one of the first to get hired too. Bummer.

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY
"Why does Sather always wait til the last minute to keep our coaches"

I've always been a supporter of analyzing a sport from a bird's eye view perspective, analyzing the natural ebb an flow of the game as a whole... I hope the Rangers plan on having someone fill his role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad