Dan Girardi's terrible defense on the Henrique OT goal

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
The Kings For an 8 seed certainly had an easy run of it to win that cup. They were a very good team but to face Arizona and NJ in the last two rounds must be the easiest two opponents for a Stanley Cup winner in recent history.
Don't let Kings fans hear that.

Reactions: Paul4587

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Dan Girardi embarrassing himself in his own zone.
not shocking

ImpossibleComfortableBlacklemur.gif

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Jesus christ G, every bad moment since the lockout he was on the ice for

Dont have to convince me he was Brutal
Just take the 2014 season, this is from another thread.
248 NHL defenseman skated that year, hear are some of the stats and Girardi's ranks, respectively

Corsi +/-: -186 248th
Raw CF%: 39.98% 248th
CF Rel%: -10.38 247th
Entry defense % 246th
controlled exit percentage 248th

Reactions: Jacob

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
man what a time, that Devils' team is really underrated.

and yes Girardi was exceptionally bad on that play lol

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
On another note, are the Devils the worst team to make it to the SCF since the 2005 lockout? Other than Kovalchuk and a very old Brodeur, not a lot there.
Huh? Elias was top 10 in scoring, Parise had 70 points and Clarkson had 30 goals

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
All arguments are invalid since Girardi was a "f***ing all-star" that same year :sarcasm:

I really badly want to see Devs and Rags face each other in the playoffs, it's been too long.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
On another note, are the Devils the worst team to make it to the SCF since the 2005 lockout? Other than Kovalchuk and a very old Brodeur, not a lot there.

Elias and Parise were very good players.

What I find so strange about that team was Bryce Salvador. He had ZERO goals and NINE points in 82 games that season (with a career high of 16pts). Yet he goes on to score 4G/14pts in only 24 games in the playoffs... good for THIRD on the team in points??? What the hell happened there!? :laugh:

As for the OP yeah that’s really awful. Gardiner in OT during the 2013 series winning goal by Bergeron May rival him though.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
He was being heavily criticized that spring. 8 goals and 19 points in 23 games was not exactly earth-shattering. Injuries had something to do with it though. He did play a very responsible two-way game.
I’m talking about the run to get them into the post season. He drove the team offensively. Anyone criticizing him over the playoff performance is someone with an axe to grind on Kovalchuk in general because he was pretty amazing and very much a strong leader down the stretch. He was clutch. It was fun to watch and I’m not a NJ fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad