Speculation: Dan Girardi injured?

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
Spent the day with him today at a signing and noticed his left hand and thumb are heavily taped and thumb is immobilize and he wasn't moving it at all.. When i asked whats wrong he said. "I can't say but it hurts"
looks very swollen and might explain the issues handling the puck as his top hand is his control hand on the stick, Dan is a great guy always smiling and great with the fans. Signing went great and he was amazing with the kids as most of the guys are.

Last edited:

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Hm, interesting. Wonder how long this has been a problem because he's been pretty terrible right from the get go. Thanks for the info.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Spent the day with today at a signing and noticed his left hand and thumb are heavily taped and thumb is immobilize and he wasn't moving it at all.. When i asked whats wrong he said. "I can't say but it hurts"
looks very swollen and might explain the issues handling the puck as his top hand is his control hand on the stick, Dan is a great guy always smiling and great with the fans. Signing went great and he was amazing with the kids as most of the guys are.

Thanks for the scoop, and could easily explain his terrible play.

Must be recent because he did an event in Yonkers last week and was fine.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
Was funny he did a high school interview and was asked

Favorite food
PAsta with chicken

Locker room clown
he said himself

if stuck on a island what friend would he want with him
Marc Staal. Said it was his best friend

Favorite player
Zucc lol

Last edited by a moderator:

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Dan is a great guy. If he is injured I'd rather him get healthy than risk other injuries. It is hard to deny the guy has a ton of guts putting his body in front of so many shots.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I'm sure G is a great guy, great with fans, adults and kids alike. That does not make him a good defensemen and a hand injury is not an excuse for his years of really poor decision making.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
When you have a former 1st round pick riding pine often, if you're injured you gotta sit. Get Mac and Boyle in for G and let him heal up.

This please.

Girardi can rest all year though. Preferrably for the rest of his contract.

In all seriousness I hope he's okay

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
One of the main problems with sitting Girardi out is that apart from Henrik Lundqvist he gets more penalty killing minutes than any other player on the team and being a defenseman and being that of the 4 Rangers right side d-men Dan Boyle is not good at the pk and Dylan McIlrath has 9 NHL games to his credit and not enough faith from the Rangers coaching staff yet because he's still kind of unproven---that presents a problem. Add in that Stepan is out now which hurts the pk as well. The Rangers taking many more penalties than they're drawing adds to the conundrum.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
When you have a former 1st round pick riding pine often, if you're injured you gotta sit. Get Mac and Boyle in for G and let him heal up.

The coaching staff has determined that Girardi's injury is not serious enough to justify taking him out of the lineup. And it's a decision they'll make every day of the week and twice on Sunday--that's just the way it is in hockey. Arguing about it here is not going to change it.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
The coaching staff has determined that Girardi's injury is not serious enough to justify taking him out of the lineup. And it's a decision they'll make every day of the week and twice on Sunday--that's just the way it is in hockey. Arguing about it here is not going to change it.

Then what's the point of this thread?

I think it's pretty foolish to play a struggling G while he's injured. It hurts the present AND the future.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

This is what puzzles me. What if his hand initiates contact and it gets even worse? The team can't afford to lose him in time for the playoffs. Games in November is pretty much the time you should rest players with nagging injuries.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
1) Its speculation that he's actually injured.

2) Its speculation that he's seriously injured.

3) The coaching staff and medical team are professionals in their fields who have the available information about this that we don't have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad