Rumor: Dan Cleary with the Habs ? NOT

Dada

May 12, 2012

Le camp Cleary s’est informé

''Dan Cleary, qui a finalement décidé de se joindre aux Red Wings de Detroit, et non aux Flyers de Philadelphie, a offert ses services au Canadien. Marc Bergevin lui a dit qu’il n’y avait pas de place dans sa formation pour lui.''

WHY ? he can plan on all 4 lines, alternate with Moen and Parros, be effective as a replacement when we have injuries.. FOCK

Dada

May 12, 2012
HabsLinks ‏@HabsLinks 2h

Pierre Lebrun on #TSN690: Dan Cleary's camp contacted the #Habs to see if there was interest; team said it didn't have a roster spot for him

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
From everything I've read on the Detroit board Cleary is totally finished. For the most part they are very pissed he re-signed there. I'd imagine Bergevin had his eye on him last year and saw the same thing. I don't think we missed out on anything here.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Given the fact Philly offered him more $$ and more years and he ended up turning them down to go back to Detroit, I don't see how this is even an issue.

I doubt there was any real possibility of Cleary ever playing for anyone other than the Wings.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
OP had me going until "NOT".

Then I was quickly sucked in a time vortex that brought me back to 1992.

92' was a good year.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Proven playoff performer. Of course we have no room.

He sucks donkey balls now. Go back to last year's playoffs and watch where his points come from. He'd be suited for the fourth line and I'd rather see Moen get a second chance to redeem himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad