Prospect Info: Dan Catenacci (2011, 77th) – '16-'17: Rochester #43 (AHL), Re-signed, 1 year, 2-way

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
Solid low risk deal. If he graduates to the NHL great, if not still a solid AHL player who can play up and down the lineup.

Deleted member 27798

For those who follow the Amerks, what has happened to Catenacci this year? Just playing out the string and making a jump to Europe next season? I thought he'd he one of the leaders with so many young players on the team, but instead, is he just a part of the 16-17 season long problem?

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
For those who follow the Amerks, what has happened to Catenacci this year? Just playing out the string and making a jump to Europe next season? I thought he'd he one of the leaders with so many young players on the team, but instead, is he just a part of the 16-17 season long problem?

He's good at a lot and great at nothing.
Out of his draft year he looked to have an intriguing skillset for being smallish. He was fast, fiesty, would fight, could play multiple forward positions, chip in points...all that never really came together. I could see him sticking in the AHL another year or two as he is that quality of player but his chances of an NHl career are gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad