Damon Severson vs Derrick Pouliot

Ace88*

Severson all day. One of the most underrated d prospects around the league.

kirant

Kiprusoffarian
Dec 2, 2011
Kind of comparing apples and oranges here for playing style here, no? Severson is a hard hitting, all-situations defender and Pouliot has always been more offensively geared.

Personally, I'm rooting for the Weyburn native to become the second good hockey player from the city. But I've always liked Severson's game more.

Sticks and Pucks

Jan 2, 2008
Yes, I realize it's apples and oranges but who do people think has the better shot at making the World Junior roster?

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Yes, I realize it's apples and oranges but who do people think has the better shot at making the World Junior roster?

Maybe you should've rephrased your original post then -- it sounds like it's about who will be the better NHLer, not who has a better chance of making the team.

Right now, I'd say Pouliot has slightly better odds, but they should both make it -- would make a good pairing actually.

Sticks and Pucks

Jan 2, 2008
Maybe you should've rephrased your original post then -- it sounds like it's about who will be the better NHLer, not who has a better chance of making the team.

Right now, I'd say Pouliot has slightly better odds, but they should both make it -- would make a good pairing actually.

I'll open this discussion for both NHL and making world juniors.

You think they should BOTH make it? What if Dumba and/or Rielly gets sent back to junior? Are Severson and Pouliot both better than guys like Pulock, Theodore, Brown, Matheson, Nurse? I don't follow these guys enough so I'm hoping anyone who has seen these guys on a regular basis can comment.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
If Reilly is available, I'd say the 7 D to take would be...

Reilly
Reinhart
Nurse
Severson
Pouliot
Matheson
Exbland/Morrisey

But that's just my opinion. If Dumba is also available, bump him in for Exbland/Morrisey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad