News Article: Damien Cox: Auston Matthews Leads A New Wave Of NHL Stars

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Too bad he will be playing in buffalo -_-

Hard to say.

Had he been born days days earlier he would be eligible for this year's draft, right on Maloney's radar and this board wouldn't be a quagmire in tankdom for the last four months. ;)

But we've also got a ton of picks coming in the 2016 draft as well. So who knows what Maloney might do?

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Hard to say.

Had he been born days days earlier he would be eligible for this year's draft, right on Maloney's radar and this board wouldn't be a quagmire in tankdom for the last four months. ;)

But we've also got a ton of picks coming in the 2016 draft as well. So who knows what Maloney might do?

Sign Dave Moss and Arcobello to multi year contracts.

Pick a player in the 2016 draft who has had a family member play in the NHL before.

????

Profit

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Sign Dave Moss and Arcobello to multi year contracts.

Pick a player in the 2016 draft who has had a family member play in the NHL before.

????

Profit

Damn, are you a hacker or something? How did you get GMDM's secret plan?

So my presumption was right in thinking that people here can't carry even a semi-serious discussion on this board any more?

:shakehead

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
There goes the Canadian media again, pimping the next great Canadian...oh **** wait. Where's this kid from again? :)

The Grocery Stick

AZDomiNation
Oct 30, 2014
ID
So my presumption was right in thinking that people here can't carry even a semi-serious discussion on this board any more?

“He knows you have to laugh at the things that hurt you, just to keep yourself in balance, just to keep the world from running you plumb crazy.†- One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
if he was eligible for this years draft and we had the #2 pick. Do you take him above Eichel?

I think so. From what I've read they're fairly close talent wise, but the hometown marketability of Matthews would have to tip the scales in his direction.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

1. come to this board
2. solely ***** about this board
3. whine when someone has a problem with that
4. profit

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
If Maloney has a chance to grab Matthews, I hope he does it. We have an extra 1st rounder(albeit a late 1st), and plenty of other picks. Depending on where we wind up, we could be able to toss some picks and players to grab the hometown hero. I for one would be licking my chops to be able to market a stud that grew up in this market.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
If Maloney has a chance to grab Matthews, I hope he does it. We have an extra 1st rounder(albeit a late 1st), and plenty of other picks. Depending on where we wind up, we could be able to toss some picks and players to grab the hometown hero. I for one would be licking my chops to be able to market a stud that grew up in this market.

Everything I've heard is that Matthews is Eichel's equal, I don't see anyone trading him. I've heard people compare him to Towes with more offense, thats pretty scary.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
There goes the Canadian media again, pimping the next great Canadian...oh **** wait. Where's this kid from again? :)

Considering what Damien Cox has written in the past about Arizona.... it does makes you...

spock-brows.jpg

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
Everything I've heard is that Matthews is Eichel's equal, I don't see anyone trading him. I've heard people compare him to Towes with more offense, thats pretty scary.

I've seen Matthews love a handful of times and he definitely is special. He's a better skater than Toews for one. He also is more of an offensive facilitator than scorer, but he's got a big time release. I've definitely seen the Eichel comps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad