Daly Secret Affehrs & Midnight Rendezvous (CBA & Lockout Discussion) XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerheart

Now how about a hug?
Aug 1, 2011
Sounds like everything he said could have been predicted verbatim on these forums. Just shut the **** up you idiot, and get in the room and do your job.

Stuck in Socal

Dec 31, 2009
Not sure why everyone is getting upset, His comments today dont cast doom and gloom in my opinion

His comments are his defense an backing so when the meetings backfire after an hour you can have him say, " I tried to work with them, but they keep moving us backwards"

Blackie Dammit

proud flatlander
Jun 27, 2011
Interlake
Remember back when Chelios made that comment in the first lockout saying that some crazy fan or something was probably gonna off Bettman or something. The more Fehr tries to bury this league, the more likely I think something would happen to him then to Gary.

Thats funny I was just thinking the same thing. At least a pie throwing from the crowd would be nice.:laugh:

Nanuk23

Feb 3, 2010
NB
John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet
Sounds like format of bargaining session will be multiple meetings. Small group with Fehrs,Bettman,Daly plus side meetings for consultation.

Hanklite*

If there were any other sport besides the NHL, it would be a comedy.

LadyKing17

Apr 4, 2011
Santa Clarita
There are a lot of people here who are missing the point. This press conference was meaningless. And that means everything. Sounds like his game plan was to put on an "optimistic" face to give the impression that they're looking for progress, so that when things go downhill, he can come out saying, "Well, you guys know I tried, right?" Everyone saying they don't understand the pessimism is falling for it hook, line, and sinker.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
This is the most cautious I have ever seen Don Fehr. No rhetoric,no malice,no history lesson. Just sayin'. #tickticktick

Hanklite*

Sounds like format of bargaining session will be multiple meetings. Small group with Fehrs,Bettman,Daly plus side meetings for consultation.

So they will go back to their sides, ask does this work?, and go from there.

"Can you accept only 99% of your deal? NOPE!! I WANT IT ALL"

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
There are a lot of people here who are missing the point. This press conference was meaningless. And that means everything. Sounds like his game plan was to put on an "optimistic" face to give the impression that they're looking for progress, so that when things go downhill, he can come out saying, "Well, you guys know I tried, right?" Everyone saying they don't understand the pessimism is falling for it hook, line, and sinker.

Actually it's basically going to backfire on him if things go south. Noone at this point is going to blame the owners. They aren't the ones out posturing like a school yard bully, they are calmly sitting in their office waiting for the meeting. While Fehr is out running around telling everyone to pay attention to him.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009

****in yes. Great news. Get all of the side-show baggage in their own rooms and have them do their own little workshops and play with the blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad