Pre-Game Talk: Dallas Stars vs. New York Islanders - UBS Arena @ Belmont Park 7:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Looks like Holmstrom is back in the lineup. Man our top 6 is junk. I don’t even think Holm played on the top line in the AHL? Palms is taking forever to come back.

Lee - Barzal - Holm
Beau - Nelson - Bailey

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Looks like Holmstrom is back in the lineup. Man our top 6 is junk. I don’t even think Holm played on the top line in the AHL? Palms is taking forever to come back.

Lee - Barzal - Holm
Beau - Nelson - Bailey

Palmieri coming back isnt gunna help.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I don't know which version of the Islanders will show up because the only thing that is consistent with this team is you know the PP is going to suck.
Read on the main boards from a Habs fan I think that we are top 10 in GF and GA 5v5. Wouldn't mind Lou trading for PPers like Horvat and Ghost TBH.

Reactions: MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

Lee - Barzal - Holm
Beau - Nelson - Bailey
Holmstrom was a jack of all trades this year in the AHL. At the time he got hurt here Holmstrom was playing all purpose minutes for Lambert, was defensively sound, played in OT, PK’d, on the PP, and was finding a niche with JGP and Parise. His injury came just when he was playing well.

Last edited:
Reactions: TMI and JBHockey

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Holmstrom was a jack of all traded this year in the AHL. At the time he got hurt here Holmstrom was playing all purpose minutes for Lambert, was defensively sound, played in OT, PK’d, on the PP, and was finding a niche with JGP and Parise. His injury came just when he was playing well.

Yep he was. He has 2 pts in 14 games. He had 5 in 15 with Bridgeport. He showed some glimpses with the big club. Let’s not stop pretending he is currently a legit top line player in the NHL.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Holmstrom was playing well, Hudson Fasching has played well, Parker Wotherspoon has played well and Raaty has played well but between all those players it's 42 games played with 5 goals and 4 assists.

Love all those guys and what they've brought but they are depth players (this season) for a reason. As much crap as we give players like Palms, Bailey, Beau and Whally; all those players are clearly better right now and we miss the injured guys for sure.

Reactions: MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Yep he was. He has 2 pts in 14 games. He had 5 in 15 with Bridgeport. He showed some glimpses with the big club. Let’s not stop pretending he is currently a legit top line player in the NHL.
Who here felt he was top line?

Holmstrom was doing the type of things that Bailey used to do but can’t anymore. It’s not sexy, especially for a 1st round pick, but in 14 NHL games to get that kind of trust from your coach is remarkable. A team needs players who can do this. Holmstrom will be the guy that puts Josh Bailey in the press box.

And I believe his offense will come around.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Dallas seems to have turned over a lot of their roster very quickly, kinda reminds me of the Islanders. Although Seguin has regressed a lot in recent years they've had some influx of young players like Hintz, Robertson, Heiskinen to balance a rejuvenated Benn and ageless Pavelski.

Oettenger and the young defense reminds me of the Isles, I think they have much better scoring/balance up-front but they have a mix of disappointing (Faksa, Gurianov, Kiviranta) and surprises like Wyatt Johnson Dellandrea and Marchment.

Both teams sort of lack identity in some ways. Where DAL seems to be ahead is more scoring threats. Isles could use some nice surprises up-front, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00