Pre-Game Talk: Dallas Stars @ the Winnipeg Jets Tuesday November 2nd 7:30pm

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast

I heard from other players say that Maurice runs a hard practice too but its weird because it seems like it does not show up in the games for 60 mins ... maybe Maurice runs to hard?:D
I got no beef with Maurice right now ... he actually did what I suggested if the Jets are losing in the 3rd put Connor and Ehlers on the same line and it worked they tied the game.
Ok boys lets get the shutout for Helly's newborn ... Go Jets Go!

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
or this

giphy.gif

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I can't understand why - but the deftly understated yet visceral sarcasm in this image always gets a smile out of me. While I have levelled criticism at Mo this year - I do realize the dude is ensconsed, it'll take a run of 20 consecutive losses to change the minds of the management on Mo, and thus I hope the players take him seriously.

Go Hellebuycks go, hopefully more little healthy Hellebuycks.

Last edited:

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
So f***ing sick of the 11F/7D system, and we're going to see it again tomorrow.

It's one thing when you know how to use it, and practiced it endlessly in camp, and have a really good 7D that does something that the others don't. It's not something you experiment with in your 8th (?) season as coach of that team, when nothing else you've tried is working. Maurice himself says he hasn't figured out how to use it, he doesn't look like he knows what a good deployment does, the players that are double shifted have no chemistry with that 4th line, and are already on the ice too much. He's gambling our season and his tenure on a strategy that has a very low likelihood of success.

AND STOP ICING NATHAN F*CKING BEAULIEU

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

It's one thing when you know how to use it, and practiced it endlessly in camp, and have a really good 7D that does something that the others don't. It's not something you experiment with in your 8th (?) season as coach of that team, when nothing else you've tried is working. Maurice himself says he hasn't figured out how to use it, he doesn't look like he knows what a good deployment does, the players that are double shifted have no chemistry with that 4th line, and are already on the ice too much. He's gambling our season and his tenure on a strategy that has a very low likelihood of success.

:naughty:
I do agree about Booboo but if Scheifele can play there is no reason to run 7 defenseman.

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island

I'm amused by Schief's comment about missed calls. Proof he was watching the last game and not playing on his phone or something.

:laugh:

I hope he also saw how well the Jets were playing without him the previous few games and he elevates his game more - some friendly in-house competition with PLD could be a good thing.

The line reports are interesting - I don't think I'd every expect a reporter to list Schief/Wheels on a 3rd line. Not that it's the official lineup, but all the same...

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast

It's NOT about the 7th defenceman.
Maurice said it's about using your top 2 centers ... centering the 4th line during the game because those guys need the minutes instead of sitting on the bench when you deploy even minutes for your top 3 lines. The opposing team's 4th line can't kept up with a #1 center.

Reactions: Gil Fisher

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It's NOT about the 7th defenceman.
Maurice said it's about using your top 2 centers ... centering the 4th line during the game because those guys need the minutes instead of sitting on the bench when you deploy even minutes for your top 3 lines. The opposing team's 4th line can't kept up with a #1 center.

He seems to be using past president for it referencing the Pens and 90's avalanche teams as models.

I dont have any issue getting Dubois and Ehlers out a bit more but Mark and Blake don't need any additional minutes. But maybe this does what Moe has indicated it does and force shift length to be shorter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad