GDT: Dallas Stars @ St Louis Blues: Captain Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Wow I finally can't watch a game and we shut out the best offense in the league? Maybe I should just stop watching all together

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Don't get why people are bagging on Brouwer. He was really on his toes in the first period, winning races to the puck and getting it deep when Dallas was cheating in the neutral zone. They're not all going to be zingers, but that doesn't make him invisible in a bad way, either.

PeterAngelo

Feb 26, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Late to the party but....

Well that was fun!

That 23-12-15 line :yo:

Frank's laser :amazed:

That first period for the ages :handclap:

Lindbohm's 'take no crap' beatdown of Roussel :cheers:

Loved every bloody minute of that game. Nice work EVERYONE! :hockey:

Now just do it again tomorrow :)

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Was at the game last night. The 1st period maybe the best period I've seen the Blues play this season. It was awesome.

Backes looked great out there as did Allen.

The Scottrade was rocking. It was a great game to be at.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Was at the game last night. The 1st period maybe the best period I've seen the Blues play this season. It was awesome.

Backes looked great out there as did Allen.

The Scottrade was rocking. It was a great game to be at.

I agree. However, Dallas looked tired almost from the start. This wasn't their best effort.

But what was different with this Blues game and the last week or so? I don't understand where their game goes when they play like that Toronto game.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Don't get why people are bagging on Brouwer. He was really on his toes in the first period, winning races to the puck and getting it deep when Dallas was cheating in the neutral zone. They're not all going to be zingers, but that doesn't make him invisible in a bad way, either.

Because we'd be better off with Oshie even though Brouwer only has 1 less point than Oshie does this season and only one of them is playing with Ovechkin :sarcasm:

He does find himself offside too much though. Needs to work on his timing more, but so does the rest of the team. Gotta get back on the same page at some point!

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
So I have to say, Allen has completely won me over. He makes so many saves that he shouldn't. He's had a few stinkers and that's ok. Every single goalie has those. He's not dwelled on bad goals. That's been key.

I feel like the Blues have upgraded in goal this season by a tangible amount. Allen is better. He's more solid and less prone to the concentration lapses. And when he's had bad goals, I've really liked his response.

Elliott is the same guy, but you can really see the difference in the ability to direct rebounds. Elliott can stop the puck, but he doesn't feed it into the counterattack like Allen does. And Allen's athleticism for the 2nd and 3rd effort stands apart from what Elliott can do.

Having said all that, if that center ice shot goes in instead of clanging off the cross-bar, it would look differently.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Ideally you'd get another beyond him. A top nine that involves Berglund or Brouwer concerns me.

Really? I'd be thrilled with a player that produces like Berglund did in the last playoff series on that 3rd line. If he comes back as that guy, I like it.

(I wouldn't object to a rental player that is skilled enough to make a difference, just not uneasy about Berglund.) Not sure what should be expected from Brouwer.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I feel like the Blues have upgraded in goal this season by a tangible amount. Allen is better. He's more solid and less prone to the concentration lapses. And when he's had bad goals, I've really liked his response.

Elliott is the same guy, but you can really see the difference in the ability to direct rebounds. Elliott can stop the puck, but he doesn't feed it into the counterattack like Allen does. And Allen's athleticism for the 2nd and 3rd effort stands apart from what Elliott can do.

Having said all that, if that center ice shot goes in instead of clanging off the cross-bar, it would look differently.

Didn't that shot dip really bad? They didn't show too many replays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce