Speculation: Dallas Stars Fire sale at the draft

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I'll tell you what needs to go: Free agency will help quite a bit.

Ritchie (6th rounder maybe) Shore (3rd rounder) Elie (meh, throw in piece in a bigger deal), Roussel (UFA), Spezza (meh he could stay probably). Hamhuis will be gone.

That's it. Now fill the empty spots with new and improved kids from our own system and maybe throw in a top 6 winger or 2 acquired through trade or free agency.

Benn-Seguin-Radulov
Dickinson-Spezza/Hanzal-X
Janmark-Faksa-Pitlick
Gurianov-Hanzal/Spezza-X

Time for Nill to stop teasing these kids and keeping them in the AHL for years upon years. Give them a shot, and if they fail to succeed move them on and move more in.

Last edited:

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
give the stars another year or two, benn will be 29 next year and seguin will be 26 and klingberg 26 they're still in there prime and can compete and be built around them.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I'm down. Fire everyone and rebuild.

Seguin - Top 10 pick/equivalent prospect, 2019 1st, a good young roster player, and a good prospect.

Benn - Top 10 pick/equivalent prospect, a good young roster player, and a good prospect.

Bishop - 1st rounder and cap dump.

Trade Hanzal, Methot, and Spezza at their trade deadlines.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Stars don't need a fire sale (or sake, which pairs naturally with sushi). They have the pillar players that many other teams would love to have. True top notch quality is the goal. Fill in after that. What the Stars need now is better secondary everything.

I don't know how a Stars fan who went through such rough years recently could be interested in a rebuild at all.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Or they could add some secondary scoring. Up front you got Benn, Seguin and Radulov after that it falls off, Dallas needs secondary scoring.

JVR, Stastny Tavares, etc. These guys would help a lot

Reactions: Kcb12345

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
give the stars another year or two, benn will be 29 next year and seguin will be 26 and klingberg 26 they're still in there prime and can compete and be built around them.

Add Heiskanen to that group.

They have the franchise/elite talent, they just lack the quality depth badly, and that starts from drafting.

Reactions: LordJamieBenn

IODCPiper

Jan 26, 2016
I'll tell you what needs to go: Free agency will help quite a bit.

Ritchie (6th rounder maybe) Shore (3rd rounder) Elie (meh, throw in piece in a bigger deal), Roussel (UFA), Spezza (meh he could stay probably). Hamhuis will be gone.

That's it. Now fill the empty spots with new and improved kids from our own system and maybe throw in a top 6 winger or 2 acquired through trade or free agency.

Benn-Seguin-Radulov
Dickinson-Spezza/Hanzal-X
Janmark-Faksa-Pitlick
Gurianov-Hanzal/Spezza-X

Time for Nill to stop teasing these kids and keeping them in the AHL for years upon years. Give them a shot, and if they fail to succeed move them on and move more in.
5th and 6th pick from isles for ritchie

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Just for giggles how far does Wennberg+1st+Bjorkstrand/Milano+ Carlsson move the needle for Seguin?

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Just for giggles how far does Wennberg+1st+Bjorkstrand/Milano+ Carlsson move the needle for Seguin?

I mean, if he's not going to re-sign here, it's not the worst package. But if I'm trading Tyler Seguin and I can't return PLD, I move on to negotiate with other teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad