Dallas Stars Black Aces for Playin/Playoffs

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
For the purpose of this article, a Black Ace is a player that the Stars will be including in their expanded Stanley Cup Playoff roster. A Black Ace wouldn’t regularly have been featured in the standard roster and therefore is most likely a minor/junior league call-up.

The term “Black Ace” was once used negatively. The term originated from Eddie Shore, who would refer to spare players as a “Black Ace.” Shore would say that a team would be in bad shape if they had to use one of their Black Aces in a game. However, recently, it has been used more positively. A team would use a Black Ace to help them overcome the loss of a player; or if they thought a different player could be utilized in a way to help the team win. Let’s look at the Stars aces in the hole.
Jason Robertson

Jason Robertson provides the most intrigue within the Stars taxi squad. An earmarked top-six winger in the making, he continues on an upward trajectory during his first professional season. The left shot, California-native topped the points table for a Texas Stars team that struggled immensely for consistency.
His 25 goals and 47 points ranked third and fourth respectively among rookies. In addition, he also muscled into the top 10 for goals scored and the top 20 for total points among all AHL skaters.

The Full Article is here
The Dallas Stars Black Aces - Last Word on Hockey

Reactions: Magic Mittens

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
How is Robertson's skating? I believe that was the main reason he wasn't a 1st rounder. I remember someone saying that his skating improved significantly in his last year in junior.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
How is Robertosns skating? I believe that was the main reason he wasn't a 1st rounder. I remember someone saying that his skating improved significantly in his last year in junior.

I'd say it appears good enough now for the NHL level. Certainly not gonna wow anyone with it but it's good enough to get by now

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
I'd say it appears good enough now for the NHL level. Certainly not gonna wow anyone with it but it's good enough to get by now
Thanks. As long as he can keep up with play the rest of his game should make him a candidate for a scoring line. I missed picking him up in my hockey pool but I did draft his brother.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
He can move the puck and get in the right areas that it isn't a huge issue.. but he isn't going to be the guy on the back check chasing down and catching someone on a breakaway.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad