Prospect Info: Dallas Stars 2023 Draft Pick Scouting Reports

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
I only recognize the one, true and original Angus.

Angus_movie_1995.jpg

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla

@Satan he explains the Bradshaw pick at the end.

Said it’s all on Mark Leach for that pick. Seemed like McDonnell didn’t know anything about the kid lol.

They seem pretty stoked to get Gardiner. Joe said he’s another Wyatt Johnston type player

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
More info on Bertucci for you guys:

Saw my work was already posted on Gardiner.

Here's stuff on MacDonell.

Last edited:

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Since Brock hasn't posted this himself I'll link it.

Top 25 OHL Prospects

19. Christian Kyrou - Dallas Stars
Another guy that I didn't list as an HM last year, but who cracks the list this year thanks to some big improvements. I still have some concerns over his ability to defend at the NHL level, but I have way more confidence in his offensive ability translating thanks to improvements made to his quickness and linear speed. Kyrou's four way mobility has always been impressive; his edgework is a sight to behold. However, I found that he struggled to be a consistent factor in transition without that top gear and over-reliance on c-cuts and mohawking. This past year, he became way more dynamic and was consistently looking to attack because of it. He still has that huge point shot, but he's no longer just reliant on that to create offense at even strength. He'll turn pro this year and I would expect him to put up points in the AHL as a rookie.

3 other Dallas affiliated prospects make the honorable mention section with blurbs on each.

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Not sure if ya'll caught it. I decided to do the right thing for once in my life and give credit where credit is due.

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Not sure if ya'll caught it. I decided to do the right thing for once in my life and give credit where credit is due.

In the 3rd paragraph, you combined Erik Karlsson and Fredrik Karlstrom to make Erik Karlstrom. Just an FYI

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006

That chart where Kyrou is rubbing elbows with Zellweger, Mintyukov, and Clarke is pretty neat.

He's John Klingberg. And as such, his place in the future lineup seems clear to me: Lindell's partner as Esa's career winds down on the 3rd pair.

To your point on Martino (although we didn't underrate him coming in at #6) -- it's pretty obvious, you have to be cautious as a Stars fan when it comes to college skaters. They haven't "successfully" developed a college skater since the 2012 draft in Devin Shore. He provided a limited contribution and turned into a journeyman clinging to the league. It's just not something they traditionally do well as an organization.

Last edited:

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Thing about Martino is that he represents a lot of the smart playmaker types they've been drafting recently whereas Shore represented a lot of the milquetoast-ass two way centers they were in love with during the Les Jackson era. Granted, I'm not in love with Dallas' tier 2 aside from Minnetian, but he definitely deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad