Prospect Info: Dallas Stars 2023 Draft Pick Scouting Reports

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
1688054117650.png

1688056010177.png

19. Brad Gardiner - Center - Ottawa 67's
Gardiner is a creative and intelligent pivot who has proven to be a versatile, swiss army knife for the 67's this year. He's been everywhere from the first line to the fourth line and he's played in every situation imaginable. I really like how he plays through traffic. His game is predicated by quick touches and quick feet and for that reason he's a tough cover. He protects the puck really well by spinning off checks and keeping his feet moving. While his first step quickness is not impressive, he builds up to a solid top speed which he can use to apply pressure on the attack. I've seen him pretty high on some lists lately, like Craig Button's. I've been impressed, but I'm also still trying to get a read on the high end upside here.

Last edited:

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
When all of his scouting reports focus first on his skating, I like it. There‘s nothing more depressing than looking at a draft profile for a guy taken in the first or second round and seeing it start with talk about hard work and grit and checking with any talk of skill or skating coming at the end of the intro paragraph. That’s the profile of a bust.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
19. Brad Gardiner - Center - Ottawa 67's
Gardiner is a creative and intelligent pivot who has proven to be a versatile, swiss army knife for the 67's this year. He's been everywhere from the first line to the fourth line and he's played in every situation imaginable. I really like how he plays through traffic. His game is predicated by quick touches and quick feet and for that reason he's a tough cover. He protects the puck really well by spinning off checks and keeping his feet moving. While his first step quickness is not impressive, he builds up to a solid top speed which he can use to apply pressure on the attack. I've seen him pretty high on some lists lately, like Craig Button's. I've been impressed, but I'm also still trying to get a read on the high end upside here.

Reactions: LT

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Aram Minnetian, born on March 19th, 2005, in Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey, is a defender playing with the US National Team Development Program. The right-shot defender stands at 6’0” and 170 pounds. Minnetian managed to produce seven goals and 24 assists for 31 points across 62 total NTDP games. That includes six assists in 22 USHL games. Last season, he managed to draw into 33 USHL games, scoring two goals and nine total points.

With decent production and playing for a successful program, he’s been ranked between the second and third rounds by outlets and experts. That includes being placed 43rd by McKeen’s Hockey, 44th by Dobber Prospects, 48th by FCHockey, 50th by Elite Prospects, 54th by Recruit Scouting, 55th by Smaht Scouting, Draft Prospects Hockey and Daily Faceoff, 62nd by FloHockey, 63rd by The Hockey News and Hockey Prospect Radio, 74th by Bob McKenzie, and 79th by Craig Button.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Speaking of college players, what's the update on Martino? Is he going back for one more year? He'd get an ELC if he wanted to go pro right?

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Pretty sure he's going back for his Junior season. 3 years of school and then pro is the optimal path. Barring something unforeseen he'll be signed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad