Prospect Info: Dallas Stars 2017 Draft Scouting Reports

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
I do as well. It's obviously way too early to be super confident in the group, but I think there's a good chance that it'll become a strength of our prospect pool within the next 2-4 years.

I really doubt we'll sign him, but imagine if we could sign Cal Petersen as well. He'll probably head to Chicago, though.

Our prospect pool as a whole is looking quite strong right now. Only thing I think we're missing is a quality center prospect and a can't-miss forward. Maybe we've got a hidden gem somewhere, hopefully.

If Hintz comes int and shows he came play Center on NA ice then the Stars will have aligned for us. Love him and think he might end up a winger but he is the one guy who, if he shows he is a C, could replace Spezza in 2 years in my opinion

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
If Hintz comes int and shows he came play Center on NA ice then the Stars will have aligned for us. Love him and think he might end up a winger but he is the one guy who, if he shows he is a C, could replace Spezza in 2 years in my opinion

Personally, I think Faksa's offense will develop enough to warrant him becoming our #2 center. Hintz and Dickinson both have a good shot at filling the other middle 9 center spot. We have a pretty large amount of prospects wingers now, especially on the left side. Robertson, Tufte, Guryanov, Caamano, and potentially Dickinson and Hintz. Considering we already have Benn, Janmark, Ritchie, and Roussel as (hopefully) long-term top 9 wingers (and we'll probably sign another in the next week or so), that might quickly become an organization strength again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad