Prospect Info: Dallas' OHL Prospect Review

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
No Hawel mention?

Dellandrea over Robertson will probably get some second guessing but otherwise the list seems good. Personally I like Harley over Dellandrea too but that's based on nothing but a gut feeling.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Great read as always.

Could you elaborate a bit more regarding Dellandrea over Robertson? Given your thoughts on Robertson’s skating and projected NHL role, it seems difficult to justify Dellandrea being ranked over him. What do you see Dellandrea’s potential NHL role as? What about the likelihoods that either player reaches that?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
No Hawel mention?

Dellandrea over Robertson will probably get some second guessing but otherwise the list seems good. Personally I like Harley over Dellandrea too but that's based on nothing but a gut feeling.

Stars didn't sign Hawel so not in the system anymore.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Really good read. Love hearing that Robertson's skating has improved a lot too

Excited to see what he can do this season

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Douglas as our future 4th line centre is something I’m begging to happen.

Tufte-Douglas-Eriksson

That is peak Star. Average height, 6’6.

Reactions: Magic Mittens

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Great read as always.

Could you elaborate a bit more regarding Dellandrea over Robertson? Given your thoughts on Robertson’s skating and projected NHL role, it seems difficult to justify Dellandrea being ranked over him. What do you see Dellandrea’s potential NHL role as? What about the likelihoods that either player reaches that?

Here's the way I see it.

Dellandrea is the more likely player to carve out an NHL career and the more likely player to reach their high end upside, even if Robertson has the higher offensive ceiling.

I also think that Dellandrea has the potential to impact the game in more areas than Robertson. If his development goes according to plan, he's the type that can center your 2nd line, center your second powerplay unit, and center your first penalty killing unit. Throw in his unreal faceoff ability and you have a guy you can have out there protecting leads late in the game too. That type of versatility is tough to come by. Think of a guy like Mikael Backlund in Calgary and everything he does for that team. Or throwing it back a few years, a guy like David Legwand.

But realistically, these guys are 1A and 1B for me and it was difficult to rank them. But the above reasons are why I value Dellandrea a smudge more.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Agreed with the Dellandra break down, he has more facets to his game where Robertson will likely be the higher scorer. Say they both hit their peak, would you like Jordan Staal or James van Riemsdyk? Depends on who you ask.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad