Dallas is a Paper Tiger

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Jack Eichel is very much a first tier star when healthy. He's an incredibly dominant 200 foot player, and completely took over all 3 zones during their playoff run. There are only 2 centers I would take ahead of him for a playoff run.
Now can you tell the idiots running the Sabres? They should have just let him have the surgery as he wanted to do it 🤦‍♂️That idiotic move set them back 5 years

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Is it considered bullying if we keep tagging OP?

Nah.

Fully deserved, maybe he'll find his way back in here and own up to it if/when Dallas takes the series.

Or if Vegas ends up coming back (lol) and winning in 7 maybe he'll try and spin it like "see I was right". :help:

Really hoping for that first result though. So many plates of crow being served up. :laugh:

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
I will say that Dallas' in arena fans seem to root against the refs as much as they root for their own team.

As for the team, their most talented players are young. I really would like to see them get a new captain. I think Jamie Benn is absolute trash, and I wonder what the culture is there with him as the leader.

Also DeBoer may be one of the most overrated coaches ever. He is great at getting you to the playoffs and terrible once you get there.

So I think if they get rid of Benn and DeBoer, they could be scary good.

My hot take.
Or they could just cheat the cap like you and get a 1C and 1D for free. Then they’d be scary good.

My hot take.

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Yea, not sure what that guy is talking about.

It doesn't go from 'Superstar' ---> 'Depth' there is an entire layer of 'Good Players' in between and Dallas has probably the most 'Good players' tier in the league.

No Dallas does not have a stand out MacKinnon or McDavid, but the top 9 has the most 'good players' as you will find around the league.
As a fan of a team who traded up to take the giant bust Isaac Ratcliffe four spots ahead of Jason Robertson, I concur.

tfwnogf

Dec 15, 2013
dallas I called you useless earlier in the thread, win 1 more and I will retract that statement :naughty:
Jack Eichel is very much a first tier star when healthy. He's an incredibly dominant 200 foot player, and completely took over all 3 zones during their playoff run. There are only 2 centers I would take ahead of him for a playoff run.
Jack Hughes and Nico Hischier? :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
They are the hipster team right now because of their drafting and that they are an NHL Southern market and that they have a lot of good players without a big hole in their team.

But they aren't a team that scares you. They don't have any of the NHL's true elite players. Heiskanen might the closest they have, but lets face it most people aren't picking him over Makar, Fox, Hedman, Hughes. Robertson and Hintz are players that often get a reputation as underrated offensive players around the league, but they aren't even facing up to Stone and Eichel, let alone what a potential matchup with McDrai would like like. Oettinger has had a mediocre year and right now isn't the player he's known as.

Their young players are good, but not ready to carry them yet and they aren't like Bedard level guys either.
So uh what you thinking now?

Reactions: Summer Rose

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Dallas started a bit rough but they're rolling now. The only question mark this team had going into the playoffs was Oettinger and now he is dialed in.

Reactions: Summer Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $3,470.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain