Dallas is a Paper Tiger

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They are the hipster team right now because of their drafting and that they are an NHL Southern market and that they have a lot of good players without a big hole in their team.

But they aren't a team that scares you. They don't have any of the NHL's true elite players. Heiskanen might the closest they have, but lets face it most people aren't picking him over Makar, Fox, Hedman, Hughes. Robertson and Hintz are players that often get a reputation as underrated offensive players around the league, but they aren't even facing up to Stone and Eichel, let alone what a potential matchup with McDrai would like like. Oettinger has had a mediocre year and right now isn't the player he's known as.

Their young players are good, but not ready to carry them yet and they aren't like Bedard level guys either.

Last edited:

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
I will say that Dallas' in arena fans seem to root against the refs as much as they root for their own team.

As for the team, their most talented players are young. I really would like to see them get a new captain. I think Jamie Benn is absolute trash, and I wonder what the culture is there with him as the leader.

Also DeBoer may be one of the most overrated coaches ever. He is great at getting you to the playoffs and terrible once you get there.

So I think if they get rid of Benn and DeBoer, they could be scary good.

My hot take.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Is anyone aware that VGK was able to get Hanafin, Hertl, and Martha with Stone’s LTIR money - and then MIRACULOUSLY get Stone back to start the play-offs? This is not an ordinary NHL team. The only people who think VGK’s success is a commentary on the Stars is not paying attention.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
This was their best chance, Thomas Harley is going to get PAID, kid performed like a #1 defenceman this season + they still got Benn/Seguin on the books.

• Haha
Reactions: ElGuapo

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Thing is, I'd take them in a 7 game series over almost every other Western team except Vegas.

This series right here might as well be the WCF, imo. Unfortunately for the Stars, they suck against Vegas for whatever reason
Blud, make the WCF and then you can write that. LMAO, WCF in the first round? Nah fam.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
The make or break of this series for Dallas had to deal more if Vegas could find their game or not rather than their play. The Stars are incredibly unlucky that Hertl and Hanifin have fit in so well and Stone is already himself and has found immediate chemistry with Hertl. I don't think Dallas has played terrible. I just think they are being suffocated by a better team.

Forget the whole cap debate, that subject has been beat down enough. I think what is more unbelievable is all the teams were so willing to bend over with Vegas's salary retention demands. Mantha, Hanifin, and Hertl were all retained for a large percentage relative to their contract. If ONE of those teams refused the retention ask, Vegas would have been out on Hertl and/or Hanifin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad