Dallas Eakins..what went wrong?

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
I predict MacT will hire a legit NHL coach who will perform worse than Nelson, which ultimately results in the firing of MacT and KLowe.

Oilers fans take to the streets as if they won Lord Stanley

Part of me thinks there isn't a snowball's chance in... of that happening.

But, there's another part that kinda thinks that that will, precisely, happen... before the end of this calender year. I've been to SC street parties in Edmonton, and I, for one, will take to the streets on news that the OBC has finally been skidded.

Just the thought that KLowe and co. would never be a part of this team if and when they finally turn the corner makes me warm inside. Hey, a guy has gotta have a dream.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Dallas Eakins was fruit of the poison tree that did one thing well and that is pull the wool over a rookie GM's eyes. After that it was all downhill.

Eakins as an NHL head coach = Lowe as an NHL exec.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
No defense, no goaltending, and a bunch of young talent that has been brought up being used to losing is what went wrong.

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
No defense, no goaltending, and a bunch of young talent that has been brought up being used to losing is what went wrong.

Argument falls apart when you compare Kreuger, Eakins and Nelsons results with the same team. One guy is quite obviously worse and quite obviously got less out of the players. Been saying it for far too long, it was never about Eakins not turning the Oilers into a great playoff team, it's always been about Eakins driving the team into a hard regression and ruining players confidence and performance.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Oilers have the same team now essentially minus their best player and are playing some good hockey. The compete is atleast there. Anton freakin Lander is looking like Marian Hossa out there these days.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Oh my, that's so bad. lol

Feel so bad for Hall there. He's getting treated like a child.

The real child ironically was Eakins. You got sprayed with some water as an accident from the most emotional player on the team. A blowout loss to the flames, and you just stand there with no sort of emotions all game, until some water got sprinkled on your damn suit? To top it off, you take it out on Hall?
That's how garbage Eakins is.

Shows no sign of emotions, when the flames destroyed the oilers all game. It just took some water to get him mad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad