Dallas Eakins Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
I appreciate that he is no longer coaching the team.

He is a snake oil salesman. Talks a good game but has no idea how to get a team to believe in him. That's the biggest battle in coaching. Anyone can get the Xs and Os, but getting the players to buy your message that's the real key.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Eliminate all gluten. That was about the extent of Eakins' coaching strategy.

Very well-spoken guy (it's how he got the job). But he didn't get enough out of what he did.

That made me ****ing lol. Cheers.

Momma said if you got nothing nice to say don't say nothin' at all, so....

oilers_guy_eddie

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS!?
Feb 27, 2002
This is Oil Country!
Visit site
I just watched the press conference. Tremendously classy.

I can't think of one aspect of the team that's better today than it was when Eakins took over. That's not all Eakins' fault, but be bears some part of it. I don't think the team is worse off for pulling the plug on this experiment.

That said, I think Eakins will get another chance somewhere down the road. Either in the AHL, or as an assistant in the NHL... and from there, who knows. I think most people around the league recognize that Eakins wasn't the biggest problem with the Oilers by a longshot, and they won't judge his results here too harshly because of it.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Watch him go on to have a Scotty Bowman like career after this. Won't be shocked if it happens with the Oilers luck.

WayneGreatzky

Nov 26, 2014
Edmonton
Classy exit Presser. Good luck Dallas. Theres lots of non-terrible organizations in this league, hope you get another shot with one of them :thumbu:

Bangers

May 31, 2006
I appreciate the fact that he's gone.

I wish him well and hope he gets a new position with the Flames, Canucks or Maple Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad