Dallas Eakins Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Board Gordon

Light Up The World
Jun 13, 2014
As much as we talk crap about the guy he seems like a genuinely nice guy and I wish him luck elsewhere.

dallas_eakins.jpg

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I know it's hard, lets be better then this seriously.

He failed as HC, he was gracious and classy in leaving, leave it at that.

Kinibo

Apr 11, 2013
He was the wrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time. It wouldn't surprise me to see him succeed at this level in the future, but it was never going to work here.

Having said that, it wouldn't kill him to smile once in a while. The guy just does not present himself well as the public face of a franchise.

I wish him luck.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Impressive guy in his personal life, but just not an NHL coach. Not yet at least. He has a heck of a lot to learn and we just can't afford to have the Oilers being a coaching training ground anymore.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Let me know when the fire Nelson thread is up.

In all seriousness, all the best to Dallas. Coming in as a confident and successful rookie, viewed by many as the "next great coach", he came in to a bad situation and tried to put his stamp on it early. In the process, he probably came off as a little abrasive.

Didn't agree with some of the decisions he made, but he seems like a good man, and I wish him the best.

kickaction

Dec 4, 2014
Let me know when the fire Nelson thread is up.

In all seriousness, all the best to Dallas. Coming in as a confident and successful rookie, viewed by many as the "next great coach", he came in to a bad situation and tried to put his stamp on it early. In the process, he probably came off as a little abrasive.

Didn't agree with some of the decisions he made, but he seems like a good man, and I wish him the best.

He did mention it in his exit interview actually. The fact that he should have focussed more on the fundamentals and helped the team slowly develop, but it's hard coming into this not seeing an immediate improvement in the team.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I know it's hard, lets be better then this seriously.

He failed as HC, he was gracious and classy in leaving, leave it at that.

This. Although I'm glad that there was a coaching change, he was very classy in thanking the fans and the Oiler organization for giving him a chance.

I wish him luck in any future endevours he has.

Seems like a solid guy who would have anyone's back.

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
Dallas, thank you for everything. It's not you, it's us. Really.

Ouch. This is almost as bad as the MacT quote I heard when I turned on the TV yesterday.

"Outside of performance there was no reason to fire Dallas."

What other reason to fire anyone could there be?

I wish him well. He didnt accomplish anything here but he was in over his head and really the fault lies with those higher up in this organization for thinking another rookie head coach could work on this badly depleted team.

abootzky

Jun 15, 2007
In an ultimately successful attempt to land an NHL head coaching job, Eakins oversold himself to a rookie GM. A little due diligence on MacT's part could've saved the lot of them a huge amount of pain & embarrassment- not to mention 2 1/2 seasons of salary being paid to a guy for not coaching.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Nobody kid yourself. MacT did him a favor getting him away from this gong show. He'll get a job somewhere else in a year or two and start rebuilding his career; possibly as an assistant with another NHL franchise.

Today he is in a better place.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
I genuinely feel bad for the guy. He may not be a great coach but he was given horrible rosters to work with.

I don't know why any coach would take a job under this management team.

TimeForAnOilChange

From OTTERS 2 OILERS
May 4, 2010
Made by MacTambLowe
Lol, I was kind of joking yesterday when I posted that I was surprised that there wasn't a Dallas Eakins appreciation thread yet, after all the b****ing and moaning about him on these boards since he came here, I actually am surprised that there is an appreciation thread on here.

That being said, all I can say is Dallas Eakins, job....done. Wish I could say job well done, but alas I cant. Oh yeah, just about forgot, I do appreciate your coif, Dallas, its real, and its spectacular.

In all seriousness though, I hope nobody takes it out on him or his family when they see them in public, that would be disgusting if it happens and completely classless and would cast a bad light on the city.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Should've never been hired in the first place

in way over his head but he is a heck of a salesman...fooled our rookie GM

had good intentions but was never gonna succeed with 2 NHL centers, a crappy defense and shotty goaltending

Lock

Apr 5, 2008
You've got to be kidding. He was terrible, did a very poor job even considering what he had to work with and cost the team years of futility.

Gracious and classy in exit? He should have tried more of that instead of pretentious and arrogant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad