Dallas 30 shots in 2nd period.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
51 to end the game, and they sat back the entire third period.

Monty mentioned the second perior took alot of out the team as well so they had to dial it down a bit. Thankfully the Ducks weren't very good at creating pressure in the third

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Shots were 44-14 at the end of 2 periods I believe...oof poor Gibson. And these weren't just soft shots either a lot of these were very good scoring opportunities

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
March 21st 1991? Not sure if that was the last time a team had 30 in a single period, but Boston had 73 shots against Ottawa that night.

It was Quebec and that game was crazy.

Tugnutt had 70 saves that game and he was absolutely outstanding, the Bruins fans gave him a standing ovation.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
57 shots by the hurricanes tonight, (same night) which is the most ever against the wild in the Xcel Energy’s near twenty year history, Dubnyk with the 52 saves. He’s a horse.

Edit- lol same minute I say this a guy above does

Reactions: Stickpucker

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Ducks were embarrassing.
Dallas so outclassed and outMANned us that the only thing that kept it from being called for sympathy was Gibson.

Saying that, Dallas got under Gibbys skin too. Unless we find a way tompretext him, teams are going just keep nudging, bumping, spraying etc.
And no sour grapes, the Ducks didn’t answer anything for the guy carrying them tonight.

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018
It was Quebec and that game was crazy.

Tugnutt had 70 saves that game and he was absolutely outstanding, the Bruins fans gave him a standing ovation.
My favorite game instantly a Tugnutt fan Ray Bourque had 19 shots I believe.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
At some point in the second it looked like Gibson was completely tired out and it broke the dam. Those last ~7 minutes of the second was just a shooting galery . The powerplay that Klingberg scored on to take the lead i think the team had ~10 shots on before Klingberg scored in the last seconds of the Powerplay and pretty much all those shots were great scoring chances as well.

I mean look at this shot chart it was just insanity.

Last edited:

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Oct 20 2017 montreal had 30 shots in the 2nd period vs Anaheim

Of course Habs still lost the game - 6-2

Jan 21, 2018
relax their forwards group basically sucks right now, losing ritchie perry and getz for extended periods has a bigger impact than you think.

the fact that the ducks are even playing competitive hockey right now just goes to show good good their defense and goaltending is

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
relax their forwards group basically sucks right now, losing ritchie perry and getz for extended periods has a bigger impact than you think.

the fact that the ducks are even playing competitive hockey right now just goes to show good good their defense and goaltending is

Defense is actually playing like shit and allowing lots of contact on Gibson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad