Prospect Info: Dalibor Dvorský, 10th, 2023

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Wow! Surprised this is happening so soon, guess Oskarshamn was a bigger shit show right now than I realized and a change was more urgent.

Quaz

Mar 15, 2006
St Louis
Looks like Sudbury plays tonight and then on Fri. and Sat. I wonder if he will suit up for a game or two this weekend?

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
So I looked into this. It is based on draft. Accirding to the article I read, if a European player was drafted by CHL before they are drafted by the NHL the rule still applies, even if they don't join the CHL until after they are drafted by an NHL team. Dvorsky was drafted into the CHL in 2022. So according to that interpretation, he cannot go to AHL next year

Link

I am still looking for actual AHL-NH agreement,, as this isn't the best source.
This is right from the article you linked:
However, if they're drafted as a member of a European squad, and choose post-NHL-draft to play for a CHL team, they can, in fact, report to the NHL team's minor squads before the age limit kicks in.
Dvorsky was drafted as a member of a European squad - AIK. The NHL-CHL agreement doesn’t apply to him.

A European player it would apply to is Honzek since he was drafted out of WHL Vancouver.

Reactions: TK 421 and Blueston

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

Dvorsky was drafted as a member of a European squad - AIK. The NHL-CHL agreement doesn’t apply to him.

A European player it would apply to is Honzek since he was drafted out of WHL Vancouver.
This is true with regards to Dvo, but I don’t think this is quite right. imports like Honzek I believe are eligible for ahl at any time, regardless of where they were playing when drafted.

Reactions: OSA

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Not a huge fan of him reporting the the CHL; but the AHL roster is already jammed up pretty good too so there aren't a lot of options. Anything is better than being buried on a garbage SHL team though.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

I reread it. You are probably right. I was at work, and skimming it on my phone. I still want to see what the actual agreement says, but can't find it anywhere. Oh well, its done. We'll find out about AHL next year.

Reactions: STL fan in MN

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Im happy he’s on North American ice and away from that dumpster fire in the SHL.

CTrain10

Mar 23, 2023
Yea based off all the Wolves Twitter posts about him looks like he’s gonna be in the lineup vs Flint tonight for the Wolves. He’s wearing number 51 for Sudbury, should slot directly onto one of the two top lines!

Reactions: Blueston

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Yea based off all the Wolves Twitter posts about him looks like he’s gonna be in the lineup vs Flint tonight for the Wolves. He’s wearing number 51 for Sudbury, should slot directly onto one of the two top lines!
Can’t wait to check him out!

Game starts at 7:05 EST.

Reactions: CTrain10

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
So I looked into this. It is based on draft. Accirding to the article I read, if a European player was drafted by CHL before they are drafted by the NHL the rule still applies, even if they don't join the CHL until after they are drafted by an NHL team. Dvorsky was drafted into the CHL in 2022. So according to that interpretation, he cannot go to AHL next year

Link

I am still looking for actual AHL-NH agreement,, as this isn't the best source.
Please post if you find it. I've searched before and never found it. All my info about it comes from secondary sources and I'd love to read the actual agreement.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
i ain't gonna live long enough to see blues win HUNNET.

What's Hunnet?

This should be live at 7:05 if anyone wants to listen, it’s the Sudbury wolves radio.

Is Sudbury the place Shorsey played?

Reactions: CTrain10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad