Dale Tallon is now the Panthers GM again

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
Not trying to start trouble, but I know Florida was one of the organizations to go 'all in' on fancy stats...

Which other ones did, and how did things work out for them (I know, at least from the outside looking in, it didn't seem to work out so well for the Panthers)?

Also, how much does this Tallon re-hiring suggest they are stepping back (at least a little) away from the fancy stats?

Fancy stats? Are you terrible at math or something?? There's nothing fancy about them.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
he might have only been there a year, but I watched him play every night for nearly 6 I know he can't carry the load and I know this because he can't stay healthy

he never played above 37 games for his because every time he gets bumped he gets "injured" he's softer than a baby ****

the fact his career high in games is 42 should tell you all yo need to know about his ability to start

if you don't get a real starter after Lou is gone, I don't care what you have up front what you have on D it will not matter you will go NOWHERE if Reimer is your guy
Good for you. Duly noted. He's the most important player in the league. Now we'll go about focusing on our whole team thank you.

number72

Oct 9, 2011
Florida is so wrecked. This goes to show how blind faith in analytics leads to as terrible results as anything else. Teams need good smart management up to who can blend analytics and traditional hockey philosophies.

Any manager dumb enough to buy into analytics hook/line and sinker get what they deserve

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Viola is really the worst kind of owner. And I mean the worst cause you take a well-oiled machine on the rise and you screw with it just cause you have an ego.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Not trying to start trouble, but I know Florida was one of the organizations to go 'all in' on fancy stats...

Which other ones did, and how did things work out for them (I know, at least from the outside looking in, it didn't seem to work out so well for the Panthers)?

Also, how much does this Tallon re-hiring suggest they are stepping back (at least a little) away from the fancy stats?

Analytics will still be a part of their approach, but less so, and now Tallon will have the final say on decisions like he used to have. Instead of a bunch of voices with no singular leader.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
So the Panthers found out hockey players aren't robots, but humans where some things go beyond numbers? Good for them. :clap:

i1

Nov 10, 2011
Newfoundland
He certainly has a pattern in building teams; a good tank, just outside, then success :laugh:

Chicago

05/06 - lottery team
06/07 - lottery team
07/08 - 10th
08/09 - conference final

Florida

10/11 - lottery team
11/12 - sign long term deals to reach cap floor, win terrible division
12/13 - lottery team
13/14 - lottery team
14/15 - 10th
15/16 - win division