NESN Dale Arnold announces retirement

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
My best memory of Dale behind a microphone is when he called an absolutely insane save by Tim Thomas against Tampa Bay waaaay back in the dinosaur age. I think it was in the 06-07 season. It was the one where TT dove backwards from left to right, gloved it against the goal line and held it on the line despite his body falling away from the play.

"you tell me he made that save? Are you KIDDING me?".

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Always seemed like a nice guy. Hell of a career. He was the first PBP guy I remember with the bruins

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Always liked Dale. Enthusiastic, capable, and always well prepared. Can't ask for a lot more than that in a PBP/Host. That he did it over a multitude of sports over the years is super impressive. Think about the depth of sporting knowledge that requires, just so as to not sound like someone who is lost at sea. Let alone someone who handles it capably.

It's clear Pederson, Jaffe, and Kluzak were all really genuine about missing him. That probably says all you need to know.

Enjoy retirement Dale.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
I grew up watching the Bruins during the Dale Arnold era but only had Canadian sports channels, so I could only watch home games on NESN when I visited my grandparents. I preferred Dale over the other play by play guys I was limited to back then. Hearing him during intermission reports makes me think of the train whistle goal horn

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
he still reads. But I doubt he will post anymore after the neanderthals here ran him off.
If he reads here, I’ll leave this here for him:

Mr. Arnold,

Thank you for your decades of QUALITY service to Boston sports. In my opinion, you gave us a combination of knowledge and integrity UNSURPASSED in the sports radio landscape, and you are easily my favorite Boston sports radio personality of all time. Bar NONE.

Your knowledge, fairness, decency, and dedication made you the best. If you ever had a beef with anyone or held a grudge, I certainly could never tell. The epitome of professionalism. So many “personalities” today have a schtick or an act, but you are so good at what you do, you never ever needed one. Your work speaks for itself. One hundred percent class all day every day. In my opinion you’re the best.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for being with us in the good times and the bad times. I’m heartbroken you’re leaving us, but please know how much you are appreciated, and I will always be grateful for the countless hours of the highest quality coverage of Boston sports I’ve ever seen and heard.

God bless you and yours, Dale.

~Rob Fournier.

Last edited:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I remember Dale and Kluzak. Im wondering if we will see a NESN shakeup next season.
With how Jack has sounded this year, I wouldn't be shocked if he's got something going on and steps down or they try to push him out or something. In that case they may clean house altogether on the crew.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
As a parent I have a lot of respect for Dale doing things on his terms, AKA not wanting to do overnight travel.

Not sure if he is from New England but I know he went to Bowdoin and stayed here ever since. Pretty amazing really for sports media personalities to be able to be in the same market for their entire careers. Goes to show how versatile he was.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
As a parent I have a lot of respect for Dale doing things on his terms, AKA not wanting to do overnight travel.

Not sure if he is from New England but I know he went to Bowdoin and stayed here ever since. Pretty amazing really for sports media personalities to be able to be in the same market for their entire careers. Goes to show how versatile he was.

He's fom Maine

Reactions: rfournier103

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I used to listen to WEEI in my first job out of college in 2014. It was D&C, Lou/Fauria/Benz, and then Dale and Holley

Dale and Holley were by far the best of the 3 shows imo. It wasn’t hot take garbage like you see everywhere else in sports radio

Reactions: rfournier103

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad