Trade: [DAL/SAC] Harrison Barnes for Justin Jackson and Zach Randolph

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I like this for the Kings. They needed a 3 and D wing and I think Barnes should fit perfectly. He can also play the four if you want to go smaller and have some more shooting out there. They were linked to both Barnes and Porter for the longest time and finally got it done.

Mavs get some cap space to play with this summer.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Great trade for Kings. This has to be solely for cap relief for Dallas. They can do whatever they want with Doncic taking the reigns really

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i know dallas did this to unload salary but really? this is the best they could get in return?

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
WCS/Giles
Bjeli/Bagley
Barnes/Bogi
Buddy/Burks
DeFox/Yogi
Not bad :D

Barnes has a 25 million option for next year. So he could leave. Apparently Sac wants him long term.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Barnes did great in Dallas, Randoplh will more than likely be bought out so I guess theyre willing to take a chance on Jackson to clear out Barnes salary.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Barnes did great in Dallas, Randoplh will more than likely be bought out so I guess theyre willing to take a chance on Jackson to clear out Barnes salary.
Jackson will never be as good as Barnes is now. He has a lot to work on (namely his shot) before he can be considered a legit 3.

Randolph was just here to keep Sac at the cap floor. Glad they were able to deal him so he'll actually get to play. Dude led the Kings in ppg last year and hasn't played a minute this year.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Jackson will never be as good as Barnes is now. He has a lot to work on (namely his shot) before he can be considered a legit 3.

Randolph was just here to keep Sac at the cap floor. Glad they were able to deal him so he'll actually get to play. Dude led the Kings in ppg last year and hasn't played a minute this year.

mavs are planning to buy him out

he should end up with a contender

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Obviously. It was just a way for the Mavs to get at least something for Barnes. Surprised they didn’t wait until the draft

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Obviously. It was just a way for the Mavs to get at least something for Barnes. Surprised they didn’t wait until the draft
Was there a reason they needed to unload him so quickly? Even if the option is picked up, I would think they could get more than this.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Was there a reason they needed to unload him so quickly? Even if the option is picked up, I would think they could get more than this.

I am wondering the same thing. Weird they'd be so quick to basically dump him, not like Porzingis is going to play this year and they dont really have anyone to step up.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
I am wondering the same thing. Weird they'd be so quick to basically dump him, not like Porzingis is going to play this year and they dont really have anyone to step up.
They have Hardway as the 2nd option now....could be worse. But they don't have much incentive to lose as Atlanta gets their pick unless they finish bottom 5 (they wont)
Idk what they're doing, but I'm following that **** regardless.

Apr 28, 2010

They actually do. His name is Dorian Finney-Smith. He's stepped up lately. He can shoot the 3 and he's also a better defender than Barnes. He's just more useful for them right now.

The problem with Barnes is when he's not making shots, he's not doing much else. He would just be running back and forth.

This is a good move for Dallas, imo. If you can't play next to Luka, you're gone.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Mavs trying to keep their pick? They keep it if it's top 5. It's a long shot, I know.

Imagine if they got Zion though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad