Speculation: DAL, NSH, TB each with two scouts at NYR/OTT game.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Any of those teams have decent backups to spare?

The Sens really need one. Really bad.
TB did just bring up Connor Ingram from SYR.

2.52 and .918 and 3 SO in 10 GP in SYR.

Not sure that'd fit the needs though.

You Know, Cory Conacher is tearing up the AHL right now....

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Ceci and Dzingel likely available from Ottawa

Sidenote: why would there be 9 teams but only 3 listed?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Dallas and Nashville make sense as Hayes fits
Don’t know what TBL are looking for

There’s been a lot of speculation around the Rangers lately though, we’ve been scouted heavily recently and then there’s the Zucc article with him saying he’s expecting to be traded
I think once Buchnevich/Namestnikov come back, one of Zucc or Hayes is gone, we have a lot of guys pushing for a roster spot and Lias is expected to stay up so I expect one of Hayes/Zucc to traded before the TDL
Zucc isn’t playing tonight though (and hasn’t for the past few games due to injury)

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC

Multiple scouts from each team. Read it in a tweet from the same guy I believe (maybe not) A couple teams had 2 each. Doesn’t fully answer your question since it still wouldn’t add up but best I can give you.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

9 teams had at least one scout there, the 3 listed were the ones with multiple scouts. Sending multiple scouts typically implies more serious interest in the game and the players involved.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
9 teams had at least one scout there, the 3 listed were the ones with multiple scouts. Sending multiple scouts typically implies more serious interest in the game and the players involved.

im asking who the other 6 teams are

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
im asking who the other 6 teams are

Oh, the question was worded awkwardly then.

Haven’t seen any info on that. It is very normal for scouts to attend seemingly random games, and it isn’t always for trade prospects. It is their job, after all. Knowing those teams might not tell you much at all.

I would suspect sending multiple scouts isn’t particularly common unless there’s legitimate interest, though. That’s what is interesting to me in this situation.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
This seems somewhat pertinent:

Not due to injury.

At the very least, we know Quinn was not trying to showcase Shatty. I didn't notice him standing out in a particularly negative way, personally.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
One thing I've long learned is not to put any stock into who attends what games especially if it's in New York, LA or any other major area. It could be too that scouts who know each other got together at a game, could be the scouts scouting future opponents, could be the teams doing tempature checks on Ottawa's free agents.

I remember like 5 years back one team brought their AGM and 3 scouts on the California road trip. Made a big rumour mill about how their might be a trade brewing. A week later the team fired two of the scouts and replaced them with fresher eyes, the AGM was just checking to make sure his scouts were worth keeping or not.

I remember another story from a few years back where two scouts from a team traveled around for like 6 months, turned out the retiring one was training his replacement.

Every game usually has 4-10 scouts at it

Reactions: CraigBillington

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad