Confirmed Trade: [DAL/NJD] Connor Carrick and a 3rd Round Pick for Ben Lovejoy

a tribe cq

That’s just like…your opinion man.
Jan 15, 2013
Lovejoy for a 3rd is a pretty good deal...and they also have a warm body to fill his role that's ten years younger.

Good deal for the Devils.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I mean a 3rd for Lovejoy is great value...Carrick despite occasionally looking like a serviceable bottom pairing guy is what he is at this point. Getting a third and a gap filler is fine value though.

For Dallas...seems like a lot to give up for another bottom pairing defender but he'll be more trusted than Carrick obviously and I think Lovejoy is just one of those guys that coaches and teammates really like. He's 35 and has zero offense but you can play him in the third period of a tight playoff game up by a goal and not have to fret. I think having that "warm blanket" feeling about your third pair is worth a lot more to teams trying to compete this time of year than it normally would be on face value. Lovejoy is way overplayed in New Jersey averaging almost 20 minutes a night lately but for 15-16 minutes in mostly defensive situations? He'll do good in Dallas.

Reactions: Lateralous

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
So we traded Lovejoy for basically a young Lovejoy and a 3rd rounder?

In my eyes thats a free 3rd rounder. :rolleyes:

Reactions: glenwo2

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Seems steep for Lovejoy, but I also think Lovejoy is a pretty steady and underrated bottom pairing guy.

Reactions: MakoSlade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad