Proposal: DAL- MTL

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
no way Evans worth something close to lekhonen
Why not ? Similar players, similar cap hit for the year when they get traded, Lehkonen slighly better overall and more of a money player, but Evans plays a more valuable position (and can play the wing effectively).

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Faksa is still one of the best depth defensive C’s in the game..
you’re pushing quantity on us that we don’t need and that doesn’t beat out our current depth.

We could move Faksa and not miss a beat by putting Steel at 4c who’s already an upgrade on Faksa.

We need a top 4 RHD, not a waiver wire claim that you’re trying to squeeze value out of. Nill doesn’t even want to move our 1st for a rental top 4 d. He’s definitely not shipping it off for trash back the other way.
Ok, I get it. You are not looking for depth.
Original idea was that both Kovacevic and Evans are worth 3rd pick with their play and one more year under very good contract. Plus prospect who could be former 2nd round pick. Faksa has zero to negative value on the market with his contract.
I think people forget that Dallas 1st is late pick. You will not get Cellebrini or Demidov. Currently, it would be 26th.
So 3rd, 3rd and 2nd for 26th OA does not sound totally crazy, but I understand teams are not looking for depth at TDL. Everybody wants guys who will move the needle and bring you the cup.

• Haha
Reactions: Spotty 2 Hotty

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Ok, I get it. You are not looking for depth.
Original idea was that both Kovacevic and Evans are worth 3rd pick with their play and one more year under very good contract. Plus prospect who could be former 2nd round pick. Faksa has zero to negative value on the market with his contract.
I think people forget that Dallas 1st is late pick. You will not get Cellebrini or Demidov. Currently, it would be 26th.
So 3rd, 3rd and 2nd for 26th OA does not sound totally crazy, but I understand teams are not looking for depth at TDL. Everybody wants guys who will move the needle and bring you the cup.
It's nice to say a player is worth a 3rd or worth a 2nd in a vacuum. But that's not how deals work. Players are worth whatever a team is willing to pay for the player based on their needs.

You've offered DAL a 4th line 4 and a D who would most likely be healthy scratched for Dallas when everyone is healthy (Lundqvist and Hakanpaa are each better than Kovacevic, or at least comparable enough that adding him wouldn't hold much value to them).

So what makes Evans better than Faksa? Or Sam Steel? Why is he an upgrade? What makes Kovacevic an upgrade on Hakanpaa? How much of an upgrade do you think he is? And if DAL is going to deal a 1st, wouldn't they be better off getting 1 piece that is a clear upgade on a more important position than 7D or 12th F?

I get it. You want to deal pieces that are meaningless to you and get a 1st. Sounds great. So how about DAL offers Faksa and Joel Hanley for MTL's 1st?

Reactions: Spotty 2 Hotty

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
Canadiens offer one ton of cow manure in exchange for 10 pounds of gold. Anyone interested?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad