Proposal: DAL- MTL

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
I think it's gotta be around Savard @50 and Faksa not Kovacevic

Savard @50 + Pearson for Faksa + 1st + 3rd
Pearson is really bad with high salary. He will stay in MTL. Switch Kovacevic with Savard @50 could be an option.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Package deals around the deadline are rare, teams just want to fill a blatant need...

I'd assume Evans has Lehkonen-type value and doesn't get moved without that.
Kovacevic is another case of a guy who has more value to Montreal than to another team, so I don't see him being moved, other than at a premium comparer to what one might expect he'd go for. If I'm Hughes, I'm not moving him for less than a 2nd rounder. He'll give Reinbacher, Mailloux and Barron someone to compete with, who they should be able to beat, and that has value; we can't just give kids jobs.

Faksa has value to Dallas, and I'd guess they'd rather not move him unless absolutely required. Winning teams don't want to mess with chemistry.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
You could pick up decent bottom pairing D and 4th line Cs for a lot cheaper, like 3rd and 4th round picks cheaper at most.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Why? Does DAL value Faksa? I thought he is too expensive 4C at 3,25M. Evans should be an upgrade and cheaper.
MTL could add 3rd pick or/and prospect like Trudeau, Mysak, Kidney, Tuch, Kapanen.
Faksa is still one of the best depth defensive C’s in the game..
you’re pushing quantity on us that we don’t need and that doesn’t beat out our current depth.

We could move Faksa and not miss a beat by putting Steel at 4c who’s already an upgrade on Faksa.

We need a top 4 RHD, not a waiver wire claim that you’re trying to squeeze value out of. Nill doesn’t even want to move our 1st for a rental top 4 d. He’s definitely not shipping it off for trash back the other way.

Reactions: EquivalentStay

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Pearson is really bad with high salary. He will stay in MTL. Switch Kovacevic with Savard @50 could be an option.
He's a depth player, if they've got no interest he can stay in Montreal that's hardly the crux of the proposal. There's no scenario where a package around Kovacevic returns a 1st

Kovy and Evans are worth about a 4th each IMO
I think you could do surprisingly well for Kovacevic since he's so affordable for another year and a big RD, but neither he or Evans have more value in a trade than they do staying on the roster for now

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Kovy and Evans are worth about a 4th each IMO
Nah. Evans plays a key position, and has another year at a very reasonable salary. I wouldn't let him go for less than Lehkonen (who arguable had a comparable contract, in that Colorado knew they had him for the ongoing season and at least one more through his qualifying offer, if they didn't figure out something else).
Kovacevic's value is through his cap hit, he's nothing special, but he's an ok 3d pairing RD who can pinch-hit higher up when required. Again, no one is likely to get him for a 4th.

EDIT: BTW: The fact these guys hold value doesn't mean they'd be a fit in Dallas. A proposal can be bad for both teams. Faksa, to Montreal, is just a useless cap dump, but he can be a valuable contributor in Dallas.

• Haha
Reactions: viceroy and OTB

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Pretty sure teams would just say nah i'd rather pay a 2nd for Kova and then another 2nd for Evans.

Kovacevic should fetch a 2nd or 3+4/5.
Evans shouldn't be on the market, Montreal has no C depth right now with Monahan gone and Dach injured.

Reactions: BJCOLLINS

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
This is almost as bad as us moving a 1st+ for Petry.

Or how badly we got ripped off by the Gurianov for Dadonov swap.

:sarcasm:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I don't see it. I think with the right partner Evans and Kovacevic could each command a second due to their play and low cap hit/term combined, but I don't think putting them together becomes a first from anyone. I don't think a bottom six center or bottom pairing dman are what Dallas are looking to shore up on for the playoffs either. I would think they would want a top 4 dman since Joel Hanley is playing somewhat regularly.

Yanny

Jul 7, 2015
Nah. Evans plays a key position, and has another year at a very reasonable salary. I wouldn't let him go for less than Lehkonen (who arguable had a comparable contract, in that Colorado knew they had him for the ongoing season and at least one more through his qualifying offer, if they didn't figure out something else).
Kovacevic's value is through his cap hit, he's nothing special, but he's an ok 3d pairing RD who can pinch-hit higher up when required. Again, no one is likely to get him for a 4th.

EDIT: BTW: The fact these guys hold value doesn't mean they'd be a fit in Dallas. A proposal can be bad for both teams. Faksa, to Montreal, is just a useless cap dump, but he can be a valuable contributor in Dallas.
no way Evans worth something close to lekhonen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad