Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] G Matt Murray signs ELC with the Stars (No, not /that/ Matt Murray) (1 year, $750k)

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Both Matt Murray should be in the AHL. The difference is one Matt Murray is trying to make a name for himself while he other is still living off his at 7 times the money . Also the younger Murray can stop a few pucks the older Murray can't stop a beach ball now.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Why don't you go by Matthew?

8e67a72d00a50b16e92fd0d539608ccb.jpg

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Pretty sure both Matt Murray's were in the Penguins system at one point.
I think this second Murray was signed straight out of College. So unless you guys drafted him and let him walk, I dont think this version of MM was with the Penguins

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Funny if there were playing on same team and Matt Murray backs up Matt Murray. Or one Matt subs in for the another Matt during the game What confusion.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I think this second Murray was signed straight out of College. So unless you guys drafted him and let him walk, I dont think this version of MM was with the Penguins

His hockeydb still shows him as undrafted, so I'm thinking he could've gone to a Pens camp on a PTO out of college, and then been cut.

No other trace of him in the Pens' system. :dunno:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
View attachment 604666
his numbers have been great, small sample but what do you guys think he could become? think he's got potential to be a solid backup?

I'd like to see him at least get a whiff of some NHL action, just to see how he responds......latest on Oettinger is that he's at least trending in the right direction.

Fingers crossed there, and Wedgewood's stepped up and done well in his absence. If he gets torched tomorrow though, maybe we see Murray get some relief work.

I'm pretty sure that's how Oettinger made his NHL debut as well, tagging in after Khudobin got pulled, during a playoff game no less. :laugh:

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I'd like to see him at least get a whiff of some NHL action, just to see how he responds......latest on Oettinger is that he's at least trending in the right direction.

Fingers crossed there, and Wedgewood's stepped up and done well in his absence. If he gets torched tomorrow though, maybe we see Murray get some relief work.

I'm pretty sure that's how Oettinger made his NHL debut as well, tagging in after Khudobin got pulled, during a playoff game no less. :laugh:

Not just a playoff game, it was in the Cup Finals :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad