Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] Dallas Stars sign Adam Cracknell

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
One year deal per Stars Twitter.

#Stars sign RW Adam Cracknell to a one-year contract. DETAILS--> ******/2LPo301SQQC

Solid depth signing.

Had himself a pretty good half season in Vancouver last year.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
AHL depth i would imagine . Little chance he sees any time in the NHL.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
He's very solid. Excellent depth and can fill in as a 4th liner with no noticeable drop off in level of play.

Grazzy

Sep 29, 2012
He was actually pretty good for us. I wouldn't have minded seeing him back on the team

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
I had no issues with Cracks during his time in Vancouver. He was a hustler and every shift he gave a good effort. He got lucky a few times due to his hard work and got a few goals. Good team first guy.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
One year deal per Stars Twitter.

#Stars sign RW Adam Cracknell to a one-year contract. DETAILS--> ******/2LPo301SQQC

Solid depth signing.

Had himself a pretty good half season in Vancouver last year.

He got waived by VAN and couldnt crack the Oilers sad looking lineup down the stretch.

He will be on waivers soon enough.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Best part of this is all the responses to the Twitter post about this signing being about Ben Bishop, lol.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Actually really wasn't a fan of him in Vancouver. Got a couple lucky goals which got him tons of 4th line time, but he effectively demolished any offensive plays made by McCann or the other 4th line kids with some talent, refused to pass the puck to Virtanen on the rush, and made the "safe" play that led to nothing 99.9% of the time.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Actually really wasn't a fan of him in Vancouver. Got a couple lucky goals which got him tons of 4th line time, but he effectively demolished any offensive plays made by McCann or the other 4th line kids with some talent, refused to pass the puck to Virtanen on the rush, and made the "safe" play that led to nothing 99.9% of the time.

Doubt he'll see much time in the NHL, and doubt he's worse than Moen

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
He did nothing in Edmonton last year. I certainly hopes for the sake of Stars fan that this is just an AHL signing.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
He did nothing in Edmonton last year. I certainly hopes for the sake of Stars fan that this is just an AHL signing.

It is. We needed another veteran done there.

He is, at absolute best, probably 16th on the depth chart.

Benn, Seguin, Sharp, Janmark, Spezza, Nichushkin, Hemsky, Faksa, Roussel, Eakin, Ritchie, and Eaves all seem to be locks. That's 12.

Then we've got McKenzie, Dickinson, and Shore - three young guys who have performed well in the AHL, two of whom have had some NHL time.

And then we've got Travis Morin, Justin Dowling, Brendan Ranford, and a handful of other AHLers and raw prospects. This is the group I'd put Cracknell in, especially considering Nill is in charge of the roster call-ups, not Ruff.

If we move a defender out, Cracknell might sit up in the NHL as the 14th forward, but more so that our youngsters are getting ice time in the AHL as opposed to sitting in the press box.

I don't expect him to play more than a couple dozen games at most this season, barring some crazy injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad